Benelli PAINT!!!

ih4ever

What is the deal with this crappy camo paint benelli uses?? Ive litterly used my BRAND NEW SBE II 5 times this season and the paint is already coming off BAD! So bad that I can actually scratch the paint off with my FINGER NAILS!! Its showing signs of ripples and bubbles under the finish!! And yet Benelli doesnt cover it under warrenty!?!

Just my rant.....

What is the deal with this crappy camo paint benelli uses?? Ive litterly used my BRAND NEW SBE II 5 times this season and the paint is already coming off BAD! So bad that I can actually scratch the paint off with my FINGER NAILS!! Its showing signs of ripples and bubbles under the finish!! And yet Benelli doesnt cover it under warrenty!?!

Just my rant.....

That does not sounds right at all. You should not see any rippling or bubbles, unless you put it in the oven or left it out on the hood of you car on a blistering AZ day while the paint was still wet. I would call up Customer Service Immediately and sent them some photos of the damage via email.

It is actually a spray coating that is quite thick, I have a few spots on my SN that have got the tree and ledge treatment, but those nicks are the finish pushed back...still hard as rock, no way about to peel off.

Good Luck!

That does not sounds right at all. You should not see any rippling or bubbles, unless you put it in the oven or left it out on the hood of you car on a blistering AZ day while the paint was still wet. I would call up Customer Service Immediately and sent them some photos of the damage via email.

It is actually a spray coating that is quite thick, I have a few spots on my SN that have got the tree and ledge treatment, but those nicks are the finish pushed back...still hard as rock, no way about to peel off.

Good Luck!

Its not a spray paint at all. Its a film or (wrap), Then its cleared over. But your right, a picture needs to be sent to CS. It shouldn't bubble like that.

Its not a spray paint at all. Its a film or (wrap), Then its cleared over. But your right, a picture needs to be sent to CS. It shouldn't bubble like that.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like a spray paint, I was thinking the process was more like a rhino finish in the bed of a truck. A film makes since, less gunk and no need to worry about getting in anywhere it shouldn't, I just never saw any seam lines so I thought it was evenly sprayed.

My Bad.:o

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like a spray paint, I was thinking the process was more like a rhino finish in the bed of a truck. A film makes since, less gunk and no need to worry about getting in anywhere it shouldn't, I just never saw any seam lines so I thought it was evenly sprayed.

My Bad.:o

Its kind of like window tint. Pretty cool how they do it. Shooting USA did a program on it at the Stoeger factory.

Its kind of like window tint. Pretty cool how they do it. Shooting USA did a program on it at the Stoeger factory.

I would love to see that. Thanks for correcting me, I feel stupid but the way they do it makes much more sense. I spoke way too fast in my first post without thinking and lack of knowledge!

Either way there is a big problem with that guys gun!

Tyson

I'm not trying to blame you, I'm just curious. What have you been using to clean it? Has it been left out in the sun or in a damp location?

Kevin

That is not a bad question at all. It is just so odd that he is having that kind of a problem! I would like to see a pic of it.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I just got off the phone with CS, and the rep told me that finish isn't usually covered under warrenty, but they go by case by case. She said to keep my gun til the end of the season, and then send it in, and if they find it faulty they will replace it!

It hasn't sat out at all, I clean it regularly with CLP. The bubbles are not very big, they look more like dark spots. I thought it was mud, but I licked my finger and wiped it down n it just seemed to barley get rid of it, then I looked at it again when dry and it looked the same as before! Its all on the stock piece right near my cheak! Just big chips of camo off of it, and some rippiling as well. I have owned a Nova for 10+ yrs, and my paint looks great! Just barley any normal wear and tear... I will try and post some pics tonight. Just don't know how well they'll turn out.

There is your problem. You don't clean camo with CLP, etc. You just wipe it down with a damp rag and wipe it dry. Only clean the inside parts with CLP.

Glad they are going to fix it.

Happy hunting.

I'm not wipin the gun down w/ CLP, I clean the insides w/ it! I wipe down the outside w/ a towel... Well see if they fix it, they may see it as no fault n not do anything but ship it back

i have some good pics that you can see some bubbling and ripples in the finish... some one mentioned that i could send them to CS? how do i do that? my worry is that if i wait til the end of the season i might wear out the ripples and get em down to paint, and then have benelli say that there are no ripples and that finish is normal wear and tear...

check em out and let me know what you think!!

Edited by ih4ever