M4 Cleaning

alteon180e

Still very new to the Benelli family. had a question about cleaning.

i have been using break-free CLP and rem oil for the cleaning and lubricant. wondering if im on the right track. almost sure i am, just rather ask the experts here :). i obsessively clean all my guns and am rather methodical about it. just hoping since i cant get my hands on Benelli cleaning products i am on the right track.

if anybody has any better suggestions they are most welcome. thanks.

Still very new to the Benelli family. had a question about cleaning.

i have been using break-free CLP and rem oil for the cleaning and lubricant. wondering if im on the right track. almost sure i am, just rather ask the experts here :). i obsessively clean all my guns and am rather methodical about it. just hoping since i cant get my hands on Benelli cleaning products i am on the right track.

if anybody has any better suggestions they are most welcome. thanks.

CLP+un-scented Mineral Spirits makes a good mix to clean with.

CLP is good stuff, RemOil is crap.

I like Hoppe's Elite gun oil and cleaner.

I've been using Butch's Bore Shine recently as a solvent to work out that nasty lead residue that slugs and buckshot leave behind. Let is sit for a while to soak in and it cuts down on the brush time. I also put solvent on qtips to clean the cylinders. Yes, they do get dirty in there.

It seems everyone has their own regimen. Just buy a variety and find out what works best for you.

And I agree with others, Rem Oil is junk.

My gunshop had a few bottles of some Beretta Oil that looked to be a few years old.

Could this be the same "Olio" that Benelli recommends??

Edited by 12508

I've been using Butch's Bore Shine recently as a solvent to work out that nasty lead residue that slugs and buckshot leave behind. Let is sit for a while to soak in and it cuts down on the brush time. I also put solvent on qtips to clean the cylinders. Yes, they do get dirty in there.

It seems everyone has their own regimen. Just buy a variety and find out what works best for you.

Use a tornado brush. No soaking necessary, just rips the lead and crap out.

My gunshop had a few bottles of some Beretta Oil that looked to be a few years old.

Could this be the same "Olio" that Benelli recommends??

Usually Olio is marked as such unless it's the small bottles of Beretta lube that say plus teflon. On my shotguns and MR1 is use only the Benelli/Beretta Oil and CLP.

Ok, now there's 2 posts which say Rem Oil is crap. I recently bought my first shot gun and I'm new to Benelli, so when I bought cleaning supplies I picked up a can of Rem Oil in a spray can. What's bad about it and what should I use?

BF CLP, LaRue MG Lube, FP10, SLIP2000, SLIP2000 EWL, there are tonnes of good gun lubes out there.

RemOil: HORRIBLE rust-prevention. VERY LIGHT oil protects little. Dries very fast. It's just a crap product.

I'm not a fan of Rem Oil either. It needs to be reapplied every few days. I like Breakfree CLP as a long term lubricant. For precision oiling on my 1911 pistols, I use Lucas Gun Oil. It sounds funny, but it's the best gun oil I have ever used. Just the right consistency, and it lasts a very long time.

For shotguns I usually spray down the internals with Birchwood Casey Gun Cleaner or Breakfree Powder Blast. Carburetor cleaner works just as well, but I wouldn't want to use it on a camo finish. I apply a light coat of CLP after that and wipe off the excess.