Which full length mag tube for the Benelli M4?

cms81586

After some wheeling and dealing I got the Benelli M4 back that I sold to a friend when I was going through some tough times. I'm getting ready to drop on a full length mag tube and I was wondering what my options are. I want a quality one piece tube...so no +2 extensions. I'm considering this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=146264917

I'm sure people have brought them up before here...they're titanium tubes. They look pretty sharp but I'd like some feedback about them. They also sell an extra power spring. How is the fit, finish, and function of this pair?

Then there are other options like SOCOMguy's tubes. I'm not ruling anything out but I want it to function as good as it does in it's current neutered configuration. I already have the factory tube broke loose and threads cleaned so it will be an easy conversion when i get back from this deployment to Afghanistan. Thanks for the help!

CMS

After some wheeling and dealing I got the Benelli M4 back that I sold to a friend when I was going through some tough times. I'm getting ready to drop on a full length mag tube and I was wondering what my options are. I want a quality one piece tube...so no +2 extensions. I'm considering this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=146264917

I'm sure people have brought them up before here...they're titanium tubes. They look pretty sharp but I'd like some feedback about them. They also sell an extra power spring. How is the fit, finish, and function of this pair?

Then there are other options like SOCOMguy's tubes. I'm not ruling anything out but I want it to function as good as it does in it's current neutered configuration. I already have the factory tube broke loose and threads cleaned so it will be an easy conversion when i get back from this deployment to Afghanistan. Thanks for the help!

CMS

SOCOMguy's tubes from everything I have read are VERY well made. Flawless.

Kip's Titanium tubes are also very well made, and can tell you first hand, they are flawless. They are also 52% the weight of a steel tube, corrosion-proof, and durability is not meaningfully changed.

The spring offered by Kip is the best/only spring I would recommend in an M4 with a full-length tube, and I have tried LOTS.

I tried the OEM spring (it is the same one the military gets, that much is correct, same spring is used in the civvi 5-shot). It doesn't work so hot firing down at steep angles, or with heavy recoiling loads.

I tried a lot of stuff like Surecycle, Wolf 40", etc. etc. None of it worked. Lots of coils, little tension compared to the OEM style spring.

I finally began running M1S90 military springs, that worked pretty well.

Then Kip's spring came into existance/I discovered it, and I bought one. Tension is AWESOME, and length is appropriate to the capacity increase. Basically, it is an OEM type spec'ed spring with better material and appropriate length for a 7shot tube.

My recommendation is that if you must have steel, get SOCOMguy's tube and Kip's spring. If you want to the most "advanced" tube (lighter, corrosion proof, no meaningful difference in durability), get Kip's Ti tube and Kip's spring.

No matter what you do, get the spring.

PS. Stay safe over there!

Edited by Unobtanium