Trap Shooting Gun Selection

B3n3lli

Hello,

I have created a love for trap shooting and I would like to start trick shooting. Right now I am using a SuperNova with a shot extension, but would like to use a semi-auto Benelli. My question is which gun should i pick between the M2,SBE2, or Vinci? The supersport is out of my price range. And I would like to use a magazine extension on my new gun as well.

Thank you for your opinions!

;)

Hello,

I have created a love for trap shooting and I would like to start trick shooting. Right now I am using a SuperNova with a shot extension, but would like to use a semi-auto Benelli. My question is which gun should i pick between the M2,SBE2, or Vinci? The supersport is out of my price range. And I would like to use a magazine extension on my new gun as well.

Thank you for your opinions!

;)

I use my M2 field with a +2 extension and a trimmed spring for trap and skeet regularly. It has never failed me. Tricks are easy peasy with a 7 shot capacity.

I don't know that an extension on the Vinci is possible right now but I know there are several extensions available for the M2/SBEII. If you are only going to be doing trap then you are probably going to only be using 2-3/4" shells so I would nudge you toward an M2.

I do like the M2. If I were to get one with a 28" barrel whats the biggest extension I could get?

Somewhere around a +7/+8 for a total of ~11-12 shots depending on if you cared if it stuck out a bit past the muzzle or not.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=118138

This guy M1014 has something similar on his SBE here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20092

I don't know where exactly he got his extension, but it looks like a nordic components anyway.

I'm not sure that I would like the extension extending past the barrel so I would probably go with one shot shorter.

If the vinci can handle an extension, does anyone know of where to get one?

I know they are set up to quickly change the mag. tube. I am not aware of any mag ext. out there yet.

IMO i would go with a dedicated O/U Range gun if you plan on spending a lot of time on range! That is why i just picked up a Browning Citori Satin Lightning 1099.00 shoots anything and any size and much easier than messing with a pump or Semi. Other shotguns work but dedicated shotgun is SWEET! Wish Benelli made an affordable O/U:)

IMO i would go with a dedicated O/U Range gun if you plan on spending a lot of time on range! That is why i just picked up a Browning Citori Satin Lightning 1099.00 shoots anything and any size and much easier than messing with a pump or Semi. Other shotguns work but dedicated shotgun is SWEET! Wish Benelli made an affordable O/U:)

O/U cant compete when your shooting 7 plus targets at a time ;)

i do no trick shooting so my bad for thinking you were wanting a dedicated trap gun. my range will throw only 2 at a time only allowing 2 shells to be loaded at a time! Same on skeet range! In my County you can't shoot unless it's on a range! unless you have 300.00 bucks for the ticket!