I finaly have my "new" M1014

Steve1968LS2

I mentioned this before but it's finally in my possesion.

Benneli M1014 limited edition semi-auto shotgun.

It has about 500 rounds though it, but a new M4 retails (in CA) for over $1500.

I paid $1000 total and the weapon including the installed extended mag (and the original tube) along with the front sling attachment.

I sold the collapsable stock (useless in CA) for $700 and bought a M4 stock for $150.

Which means I got a M4 Benelli for $500..

Did I score?

Now to accesorize it.. Ideas? :D

2hezdbb.jpg

Ya thats a score congratz. you never did respond to my question in the other thread. What is wrong with that stock in california?

It would be considered an assault weapon (which is illegal) with a collasable / folding stock which also has a pistol grip. Here's how they put it:

Assault Weapon Definition, Shotgun Section

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

Rifle/Pistol sections deleted.

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

• (A) A folding or telescoping stock.
  • (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

Thanks for the replys. I live in california and thought I knew our silly laws better. I figured it didnt hold 10 rounds so it wouldnt fall in the evil black rifle section. Guess I am wrong.

Steve you already got the full length tube. you could add a light or a sight. I probably wont add either of them I have a eotech on my M1S90. but I would for sure get a mesatac shell holder.

Thanks for the replys. I live in california and thought I knew our silly laws better. I figured it didnt hold 10 rounds so it wouldnt fall in the evil black rifle section. Guess I am wrong.

Hey Rocket, Yeah, We can do the folder with the pistol grip here on pumps but unfortunately it's a no-no on semi-autos. (makes them too darn scarey!!!)

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Nice, I remember your thread on this. I was thinking the Sidearmor rail.. would I need the long or short side rails?

Also what light is that, I like that it's compact to the side of the gun. As I recally you have a pressure switch on the other side.

What benefit is there to also having the surefire rail?

For optics I was looking for something smaller. Is the T1 micro good? I guess I would need a short mount.

Lastly, reccomend a good bolt lever and release button. The stock on is too tiny.

Nice, I remember your thread on this. I was thinking the Sidearmor rail.. would I need the long or short side rails?

Also what light is that, I like that it's compact to the side of the gun. As I recally you have a pressure switch on the other side.

What benefit is there to also having the surefire rail?

For optics I was looking for something smaller. Is the T1 micro good? I guess I would need a short mount.

Lastly, reccomend a good bolt lever and release button. The stock on is too tiny.

Hi Steve,

The Sidearmor comes with one long rail which I use on the left side because I have both a switch and a Daniel Defense sling swivel there. A short rail is fine on the right since all that is mounted is a light (although in the picture I also have a long one on the right. The shorter one will save a little weight)

The light is a Streamlight TLR-1 (135 lumen) with the long gun remote switch backplate

The Surefire M80 is there for 922r compliance (I'm not whining Unobtanium! :)) as I've since added Kip's FL tube and Brownells follower (there we go about Kip's tube again...)

I'm not actually running optics on mine. I had just got that Aimpoint ML 3 for my SOCOM and stuck it on there for fun but it actually seemed pretty nice on there. I've looked at a lot of options but for the moment I'm sticking with my Meprolight night sights only. If I was to run something though I'd probably get the T-1 on the American Defense or A.R.M.S. mount. Although, as Unobtanium has noted, Your cheekweld might not be ideal with the Benelli PG stock. There may be improvement on that front though when Mesa comes out with their Urbino stock with the cheek riser.

For a larger bolt release I'd probably pick the GG&G pad. I've thought about getting one but for the moment I think I'm happy with the stock button. As for the larger charging handle I'm going to wait for Kip's.

Later,

Hookster

progress.gif

actually that collapsible stock would be perfectly legal w/ the recoil tube w/only 1 notch. meaning it wouldnt collapse!! making it a fixed stock. so you'd actually only be getting the look of a c-stock. and by the looks of his pic, his m4 had a single notch stock.:D just saying.

Oh, I know.. but if it doesn't collapse then what's the point?

Besides, I can put the cash into parts that really do matter :)

I live in California too and unfortunately cannot use the folding stock. However, the only upgrades I got were Kip's Titanium Tube, a bigger Charging Handle and Bolt Release. (All Duggans suggestions) and the weapon is much better.

I am just looking for a different sort of handguard grip, but cannot find anything really out there. Any suggestions are welcome. Enjoy your peice. Im gonna put a few hundred thru mine on Saturday.....