Overall thoughts of the VINCI

wyobirdhunter3

I was just wondering what you all have to say about the vinci, now that the gun has been out for a while and duck season is now well underway....just curious what you guys think. thanks!

p.s. if ya got pics lets see em!

Looked at one the other day. Feels very nice. Very light weight and swings real nice. It doesn't look as bad as the pictures. Maybe one day I'll get one.

I've had mine for several months and really do like it. I have around 1,000 rounds through it without any hiccups. They are all trap loads of different varieties (whatever is cheapest). I have not shot any high brass out of it. Light, swings well, minimal recoil, and easy to clean, but they all are really.. I would like to see a mag ext. where you could at least put 5 in gun. The more I shoot it, the better I like it. A worthy shotgun, in my opinion...

3.5" is totally unnecessary... I've read that it only came out because of the lead ban in waterfowl hunting. And with tungsten and other modern non toxic shells, a 3" is just as good...

also, I've also heard that benelli has no plans to release a 3.5" Vinci...

I myself think that people have been killing all kinds of birds/deer fine way before the 3.5" came out... for me, it's a marketing gimmic..

I plan on buying one next week actually... and with the 300 dollars I save from not buying a SBE II, I'm gonna buy a 10 gauge cheapo shotgun for those cases where I think I MIGHT need a stronger gun... but that's slim to none...

besides, 3.5" shells are 30% more expensive... marketing scam.... not to mention the kick is horrible...

Jack - I agree with everything you said except the 3.5" recoil being horrible - at least in my Benelli. Just for kicks, I shot over a dozen Winchester 3.5" 00 buck at a regional pumpkin shoot and was stunned at how soft the recoil was out of the SuperNova Tactical - so were others who fired the same stuff...

3.5" is totally unnecessary... I've read that it only came out because of the lead ban in waterfowl hunting. And with tungsten and other modern non toxic shells, a 3" is just as good...

I myself think that people have been killing all kinds of birds/deer fine way before the 3.5" came out... for me, it's a marketing gimmic..

I plan on buying one next week actually... and with the 300 dollars I save from not buying a SBE II, I'm gonna buy a 10 gauge cheapo shotgun for those cases where I think I MIGHT need a stronger gun... but that's slim to none...

besides, 3.5" shells are 30% more expensive... marketing scam.... not to mention the kick is horrible...

At times the 3.5'' may seem unnecessary, but along with the extra 1/2'' in length comes a handful of pellets. There are occasions where more pellets is a good thing. I turkey hunt with a 3.5'' SBE, and I will take all the pellets I can get. My theory is, Why do you hunt with a 3.5? Because they don't make a 4.0''... As far as the ammo being 30% more expensive, that is a stretch. You can buy Hevi-Shot 13 in 3.5'' for $20 and the 3'' is $18. That's 10%. It is more, I will grant you that, but you get more bang for your buck with the 3.5''. (Pun intended) I agree with you that many animals have been harvested with lesser weapons, but technology has advanced. I'm sure someone along the line killed a huge tom with a .410. Not for me.

Enjoy your new Vinci. They are great shotguns, you will not be dissapointed.

I shoot 3.5" mostly at turkeys. I prefer the extra pellet count and have no issue with the recoil. The patterning boards don't lie, the 3.5" can be far superior to 3" with the right choke and load combination.

I love 3" Matrix and shot cases of it when I could get it at $14/10 pack. Now at $40-$50+/10 pack, I have decided to use other less expensive shells.

No less than three Benelli dealers have told me that the 3.5" Vinci will be out sometime in 2010 :) I guess we will just have to wait and see.....

I can't say anymore because I don't want to upset any of the thin skinned members of this board :D

again I say with the extra money left over from buying the Vinci vs SBE II I'll buy a 10 gauge, which is a lot more powerful than a 3.5"...

3.5" has been out since 1988... people have been killing turkeys and geese with shells less than 3"...

it's almost like a macho type thing with the 3.5"...

I'm gonna buy my Vinci next week, I'll post a review once I get it...

I've actually been reading and hearing some bad things about the SBE II...

again I say with the extra money left over from buying the Vinci vs SBE II I'll buy a 10 gauge, which is a lot more powerful than a 3.5"...

3.5" has been out since 1988... people have been killing turkeys and geese with shells less than 3"...

it's almost like a macho type thing with the 3.5"...

I'm gonna buy my Vinci next week, I'll post a review once I get it...

I've actually been reading and hearing some bad things about the SBE II...

Would killing a turkey with a 3'' instead of a 2 3/4'' then be considered a semi- macho thing?? Also, by buying the 10 ga. you are admitting that there just may, in fact, be a need for a shotgun larger the the 3''. Again, good luck with the new Vinci.

lol no, I won't buy the 10 gauge, I think 3" will do everything... (I've thought about this for a few days)...

I'm gonna mainly duck hunt though, but if I ever do turkey/geese hunt, I'm gonna use the Vinci and take pics and make all the 3.5" people hush ;-)...

you think $1350 (not including tax) is a good price for a 26" Vinci camo (max 4)....???

thanks!

Back to the point. I had one of the first Vinci's out to test. Now that I have had a lot of time behind the wheel of it I will go out on a limb and say it is by far the best Benelli ever maid. They did a heck of a lot of great things when they designed it. I have shot it at everything that flies with not one hick up. The gun fits me perfect. It's well balanced and has no barrel rise at all. The cleaning and maint. is a dream with me being able to completely tare it apart in the field without a tool one.

Now to the 3.5" thing. I have owned several SBE and even know they were all 3.5" guns I only used for that to try it. I have shot as many or more geese with 3" shells as anyone of my buds using 3.5" at not near the cost or recoil. I personally think the 3.5" guns and shells are a gimmick.

AMEN goose2!!! amen!

I honestly, honestly, honestly, honestly think if the Vinci were a traditional looking shotgun, EVERYONE would be raving and praising it. It has taken the Vinci a little more time to come around just because people are basing their opinions off of looks (don't judge a book by its cover, but then again, we Americans are some hardcore appearance judging people)...

I can't wait to get mine!

I'm still up in the air about max 4 vs realtree apg, but I'm leaning towards the Max

you think $1350 (not including tax) is a good price for a 26" Vinci camo (max 4)....???

thanks!

They are $1260 on-line, but there may be costs added on for shipping. It may be easier to buy at a local shop and have the chance to inspect the gun you are buying.

$1350 sounds ok though :)