SBEII Jamming issue

Go OU

Folk's.

I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I was shooting some sporting clays over the weekend with a buddy of mine that owns this SBEII. This is the 3rd time we have shot clays together. We've been warming up for KS Pheasant season. Anyway, everytime we shoot the SBE II it jams. We have ran factory Estates 1 1/8 and 1 oz reloads through it. It jammed 3 times out of 100 with the 1 1/8 and 6-8 times with the 1 oz reloads.

It will fire and eject the first shell but the second shell does not feed into the chamber. The shell will make it half way to the chamber. My buddy has to pull the bolt back to get it to feed properly.

Any suggestions? I'd hate to see this happen when a big ole ditch parrot flushes and the first shot is a miss due to the crap factor.

Sooner Fan

Folk's.

I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I was shooting some sporting clays over the weekend with a buddy of mine that owns this SBEII. This is the 3rd time we have shot clays together. We've been warming up for KS Pheasant season. Anyway, everytime we shoot the SBE II it jams. We have ran factory Estates 1 1/8 and 1 oz reloads through it. It jammed 3 times out of 100 with the 1 1/8 and 6-8 times with the 1 oz reloads.

It will fire and eject the first shell but the second shell does not feed into the chamber. The shell will make it half way to the chamber. My buddy has to pull the bolt back to get it to feed properly.

Any suggestions? I'd hate to see this happen when a big ole ditch parrot flushes and the first shot is a miss due to the crap factor.

Sooner Fan

I can help with the 1 oz loads. Benelli auto shotgun are not made to cycle 1 oz loads. Many people say there's will. Factory says 3 dram 1 1/8 are required to cycle correctly. Also, did your friend break the gun in with 100 rounds of "heavy" loads? It says to do so in the manual.

Thanks for your responses. I do not know what he used to break the gun in. I would guess it was standard 1 1/8 loads at 1200 fps. Should he run a box of 1 1/4 loads through it?

Thanks

The bigger the better. Several boxes would not hurt a thing, except maybe his shoulder. It takes a while to loosen up the moving parts. Break it in, keep it oiled, and it will perform flawlessly for a long time. They are great shotguns.

I just picked up my SBEII yesterday. It is my first autoloader and I have the same concerns. I have heard to break these guns in with the heaviest loads you plan to shoot. But here is the actual quote from the manual. It is very ambiguous.

This is on page 49 of 118 of the online manual.

"WARNING: due to precision machine tolerances

on your shotgun, some breaking-in

period may be required before your new gun

works perfectly with light target loads. If you

experience any initial functioning problems,

we recommended firing three or four boxes

of standard hunting loads to allow for this

break-in period.”

I plan to shoot heavier loads to break it in but it would be nice for Benelli to be a little more descriptive.

All they are telling you is to shoot the gun. Because it is new, and the parts have not been worn it to each other, there might be a little friction problem. Shooting heavier loads, will by nature, give more recoil, speeding up the break in process. Your shotgun may not need it. Some don't. I own a few of these Benellis, and I promise you that once you get a few rounds through it, keep it oiled, and clean, it will shoot most anything you run through it. They tell you that minimun load is 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz. loads, but once she is "loosened up", 1 oz. will more than likely cycle without a problem. Good luck with the SBE ll, they are great shotguns!! And, welcome to the world of Benelli.. Mike