Plug Removal

seacowboy

Interested in removing the plug from my SBE II. I tried to pick up a C-Clamp Tool to unscrew the piece from the end of the tube, but wasn't the right size. Can someone point me in the right direction to finds the correct tool. Want to pick one up so I can put it back in if I travel to other states that have a 3 shell law. Thanks

Magazine Corkscrew

• SKU #:590-020-000

This is the best tool that I have found for removing the retainer for the mag. tube. Available at www,brownells.com

You can also use a snap ring pliers. Last resort you use a screwdriver to pry out the retainer. This is not advised unless last resort. In any case you need to make sure you put your hand over the mag. tube, to keep the spring from flying out. It is under some tension. It really is an easy deal, with the right tools. Good luck...

Interested in removing the plug from my SBE II. I tried to pick up a C-Clamp Tool to unscrew the piece from the end of the tube, but wasn't the right size. Can someone point me in the right direction to finds the correct tool. Want to pick one up so I can put it back in if I travel to other states that have a 3 shell law. Thanks

I've been using the screwdriver method for years without much problem. Only a few flying springs :D

As to removing and replacing the plug, I just tap down the ring and put the plug on top for easy removal and replacement. No problem with Mr. Greenjeans, because the gun still needs to be disassembled in order to access the plug.

But that $20 tool is pretty cool too :)

i have always used a kitchen/butter knife and seems to have worked with out putting an eye out so far ! :p

I've take a bunch out with a screwdriver myself, but every now and then, the whole shootin' match goes flying. Then your on your hands and knees looking for the retainer. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. I came across this tool in Brownell's one day and just had to try it. Works well and is virtually fool proof.

http://http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=menck+magazine+corkscrew/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=menck_magazine_corkscrew.