Benelli Nova 18 1/2" barrel

slugmeister

What rear sight? Thats why I'm buying this barrel, for the sights. That and the compactness, and a lot of other advantages. Right now I use my 28" nova barrel w/ IC choke and a scope. Its plenty accurate to 50 yards and the scope is low powered enough to see the entire deer at 25 yards. But the main reasons I want this barrel are

1 sights-this way I don't have to sight it in each year

2 compactness-I mainly hunt in blinds, and the 28" barrel is hard to menuver

3 security-I want to use this with #2 buck for home defense when the seasons over

4 3 1/2" chamber-mainly for buckshot (illegal to hunt with) but I also want to try light fields 3 1/2" slug

5 coolness-no one admits it, but a short barrel is cool. I just love the boom short barrels give

I also might get the 24" rifled barrel (one or the other) but I'm leaning towards the SB short barrel more. I don't need sabot slug accuracy, 4" at 50 yards is fine. Where I hunt if a deer is 25 yards away, its 10 yards into thick brush.

Thanks for the reply, I have been wondering this for a while.

I'm going to reverse my suggestion for a rear sight, (unless you really want to go that route). You can certainly add one, but it would seem pricey and needing a gunsmith, (unless there's one I don;t know about, which is possible). If you add the 18.5" smoothbore, I'd add a rail and get a red dot...The 18.5" smoothbore is a laser beam with Brenneke KO's, Federal Flight Control or other smoothbore slugs. That way, you can just pop off your red dot and go back to bird hunting etc...

You're all set then...Front sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, so have at it...The 3.5's will be a bit of a let down. I'm a recoil-junkie myself and was amazed at how soft they were out of this Benelli. Just a superb gun...They definitely go boom for sure, but not like you'd expect...Enjoy!

Thanks for the help, I will definately try to buy this barrel. If I buy a whole gun, and only use the barrel, what should I do with the left-over 1/2 a gun?

If you buy a new gun then you have two guns. One for HD and deer hunting and one for clays,bird hunting,whatever. Or send it to me, I'll pay the shipping.:cool: