what comps available for M4?

xamoel

good evening,

i am looking for compensators for the M4, i heard benelli offered a compensator themself? i just couldn't seem to find it on the homepage.

could i use one with slugs as well as with normal ammunition or would that ruin it quickly?

thanks in advance

good evening,

i am looking for compensators for the M4, i heard benelli offered a compensator themself? i just couldn't seem to find it on the homepage.

could i use one with slugs as well as with normal ammunition or would that ruin it quickly?

thanks in advance

Kip will hopefully have his out soon. Here's what they'll look like:

http://photos.carriercomp.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=210213

Later,

Hookster :)

lol, its actually leomax reversed, which is a combination of 2 german names. never thought of cameltoe, but i see the similarities.

kips' looks quite a lot like the original benelli one, don't you think?

i just wondered why one would need a comp for door-breaching?

lol, its actually leomax reversed, which is a combination of 2 german names. never thought of cameltoe, but i see the similarities.

kips' looks quite a lot like the original benelli one, don't you think?

i just wondered why one would need a comp for door-breaching?

well why does someone who's not an LEO or any type job of that nature need anything tactical?? cause its cool!!:D think about it, every avg joe shmo gun nut, wants ALL the tactical stuff any military, leo,cia etc has on their weapons!!! aint gonna lie, I DO!! i dont shoot at people for a living. im a refrigeration service technician. but maybe some day ill have to shoot at a disgruntled refrigerator!!:p

i agree 100%, i love the tactical stuff too, even though i'm never gonna use ist! but hey, it's a great hobby!

the question was just if someone knows how the door-breeching with shotguns works? i mean the rams are self-explanatory, but why use a shotgun to knock down a door? aren't there better ways?

Edited by xamoel

My understanding is the muzzle attachment is optional and I think some LEO standards are moving away from it. It just helps establish the standoff distance from the door. The ammo is much more important. There are special rounds used for breaching doors. They are compressed, powdered metal. This is to reduce the risk of ricochet and over penetration of the door. You can use normal buckshot to breach a door but I don't know if I'd try it. I don't see much value to it for the lone gunman. I don't want to have special breaching rounds loaded in my gun and then suddenly find myself wishing for buckshot or slugs. If you watch the videos, usually one guy breaches the door and one of his buddies is covering him and ready to enter.

I see more value in it as a flash suppressor and muzzle brake.

I see more value in it as a flash suppressor and muzzle brake.

that's also my main reason for wanting one, besides from it looking good on the gun :p

can any available muzzle brake be threaded onto the benelli extended choke tube? if so, do you guys know some manufacturers?

brownells came up with only 1 brake :(

The ammo is much more important. There are special rounds used for breaching doors. They are compressed, powdered metal. This is to reduce the risk of ricochet and over penetration of the door.

... I don't want to have special breaching rounds loaded in my gun and then suddenly find myself wishing for buckshot or slugs.

Hey, don't knock the breaching rounds. An unarmored guy who gets hit with one of those is just as dead as one who gets hit with a slug or buckshot. An armored guy will get knocked down just the same as well (although his recovery time will be faster with breacher or buck than it would be with a slug).