benelli/beretta - same company?

Reggio

SRT (Street Racing Technology) to Dodge is way different because it is just a division of Chrysler that modifies existing models. Sticking with the MOPAR theme Benelli is to Beretta as Dodge is to Mercedes Benz.

You are being more specific than I intended. SRT is the performance division of dodge, much as Benelli is the performance division of Beretta, imho :p

I do see your point though. Either way, Dodge killing the Viper=fail. Now I will have to buy a Z06 for my 25th birthday present and slap a cam and LT's on it to have a viper equivalent.

I do see your point though. Either way, Dodge killing the Viper=fail. Now I will have to buy a Z06 for my 25th birthday present and slap a cam and LT's on it to have a viper equivalent.

Have you ever driven a Viper the way you sit drives me crazy. And you are giving the Viper too much credit it wouldn't take more than simple tune ECM & TM on a Z06 to surpass one.

Have you ever driven a Viper the way you sit drives me crazy. And you are giving the Viper too much credit it wouldn't take more than simple tune ECM & TM on a Z06 to surpass one.

Vipers in stock form run LOW 11's, high 10's. Z06's run mid/high 11's. Is TM really that bad on a Z06? I know on automatic GTO's TM was ****, but I didn't know the manual vettes had an issue. My 6-speed WS6 certainly doesn't have any TM issues.

I have not had the pleasure of driving a Viper, but I do know that 'vettes are very comfy, just bland as they are ALL OVER the place.

A bone-stock Viper will lay down around 540-550whp. A bone'stock Z06 is in the mid 400's. The C6Z will need a cam, bolt-ons, and tune to equal the Viper in horsepower, and then it's slight weight advantage and aerodynamics will put it out front.