Should I buy this PS90?

Steve1968LS2

man.. it's such a good deal.. how can I pass it up???

PS90, never fired

TWO 50 round magazines (illegal to use here in CA, but I digress)

And a shroud for the long barrel that looks like a silencer.

For get this... $1,100!!!

I just saw one at the gun show today and it was $1995 with a lousy 10 round magazine.

Thoughts?

2dh921l.jpg

Edited by Steve1968LS2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a couple of companies out there that sell the tri-rail systems for other optics.

I'm not sure if this has the white or the black optices.

Still, it seems priced way under market from what I've seen. Isn't it?

Tanner's was selling them for $1275 a while back, new price is $1599 on the tri-rail model of the PS90.

Tanner's was selling them for $1275 a while back, new price is $1599 on the tri-rail model of the PS90.

Hmm.. they seemed more expensive on Gunbroker.. they are certainly more here in CA. lol

By the way, Trigicon (sp?) or Meprolight sights for my M4 since Benelli f-d up and didn't paint one of my dots white. (quality control???)

Hmm.. they seemed more expensive on Gunbroker.. they are certainly more here in CA. lol

By the way, Trigicon (sp?) or Meprolight sights for my M4 since Benelli f-d up and didn't paint one of my dots white. (quality control???)

Well, like I said, that was a sale price.

Meprolite makes the sights you want for the M4. Benelli would happily mail replacement OEM's to you for free as well I am sure.

Thanks.. if I lived outside of CA I would jump on this PS90.. here in "10 round" land it would just be sad. Still tempted though.

It's funny, I didn't notice until I went shooting and then it was like. "hey, something's not right here..."

I need the night sights anyways.

Screw that. PS90 with 10 rounds is pathetic. Fail.

i do have to say, this gun is the most stupid, worthless, ugly waste of money one can buy!!! :eek: but to each their own!!;) i truely cant believe people spend their hard earned money on useless obsurd designed weapons!!! they're good for the movie business and thats it!!

They are very reliable, accurate, and fun. Beyond that, I don't see much in them.

i do have to say, this gun is the most stupid, worthless, ugly waste of money one can buy!!! :eek: but to each their own!!;) i truely cant believe people spend their hard earned money on useless obsurd designed weapons!!! they're good for the movie business and thats it!!

Really? lol.. quite a few organizations use the FN90. At least FN tried to innovate rather than just imitate. The weapon features several very good design elements.

As for looks, that's in the eye of the beholder. Some would call an AK ugly..

Really? lol.. quite a few organizations use the FN90. At least FN tried to innovate rather than just imitate. The weapon features several very good design elements.

As for looks, that's in the eye of the beholder. Some would call an AK ugly..

yes but an AK still resembles a normal weapon.and if you'll notice, i stated to each their own!! and you were asking for opinions!!:) but to be truthful, it may shoot well and have all the umpa loompa good design elements, but it is UGLY!!! and everything ever made that is or was great, are most usually always the same looking for the most part. cars, tv's, drills, hammers etc. this gun is nothing like any other weapon made and belongs on the planet of the apes set!!;) it usually is always bought by that guy who wants to be different!! ill stick w/ my trusty ol m4!!

yes but an AK still resembles a normal weapon.and if you'll notice, i stated to each their own!! and you were asking for opinions!!:) but to be truthful, it may shoot well and have all the umpa loompa good design elements, but it is UGLY!!! and everything ever made that is or was great, are most usually always the same looking for the most part. cars, tv's, drills, hammers etc. this gun is nothing like any other weapon made and belongs on the planet of the apes set!!;) it usually is always bought by that guy who wants to be different!! ill stick w/ my trusty ol m4!!

So it's ugly because it's different? lol.. ok

I like my M4 as well.. but give the reason they developed this weapon I do see a place for it.

And personally I don't find it "ugly".. but like I said, that's subjective.

Buy it and sell it if you hate it. I sold a used one with the tri rail, and 6 50 round magazines for 2400 dollars to some guy on gunbroker. He stomped the BIN button.

It had the crap clear reticle too.

The only use for this gun would be in a SBR config. Full auto would be better.

The trigger is terrible. I hated the design of the safety. It was very difficult to mount a light on and have momentary control over the output. My thumbs hit each other when holding it properly. It felt slower to point than my SBR Ar15 due to how close your hands are when holding it. I didn't like the magazine design. It was slow to index a new magazine, and slap it into place. Fat guys (not me) complained that the brass was bouncing off their beer belly after every shot. It is a very difficult round to reload. Ammunition prices are on par with .223.

I couldn't get over the ergonomics. So it had to go.

The clear reticle flat out sucks. It needs an Aimpoint T1 bad.

That's the bad. The good is it is super reliable. Never had a single failure. 50 rounds on tap is awesome. The weight is minimal. There is no recoil. The round is potent in CQB ranges. It is very easy to maintain.

I'm amazed it is allowed in californiastan.

So it's ugly because it's different? lol.. ok

I like my M4 as well.. but give the reason they developed this weapon I do see a place for it.

And personally I don't find it "ugly".. but like I said, that's subjective.

just because a weapon is developed and made, DOES NOT mean there's a place for it!!! it can still be worthless!!;) and no one is saying YOU have to think its ugly, i just personally do.:rolleyes: ive never owned 1 but it sounds like STRANGER DANGER summed it up pretty well that it seems to be a POS!! and once again, it belongs on the set of PLANET OF THE APES!!!!!you asked and it seems you dont like my "thoughts" on it.

Edited by texas skeeter

Buy it and sell it if you hate it. I sold a used one with the tri rail, and 6 50 round magazines for 2400 dollars to some guy on gunbroker. He stomped the BIN button.

It had the crap clear reticle too.

The only use for this gun would be in a SBR config. Full auto would be better.

The trigger is terrible. I hated the design of the safety. It was very difficult to mount a light on and have momentary control over the output. My thumbs hit each other when holding it properly. It felt slower to point than my SBR Ar15 due to how close your hands are when holding it. I didn't like the magazine design. It was slow to index a new magazine, and slap it into place. Fat guys (not me) complained that the brass was bouncing off their beer belly after every shot. It is a very difficult round to reload. Ammunition prices are on par with .223.

I couldn't get over the ergonomics. So it had to go.

The clear reticle flat out sucks. It needs an Aimpoint T1 bad.

That's the bad. The good is it is super reliable. Never had a single failure. 50 rounds on tap is awesome. The weight is minimal. There is no recoil. The round is potent in CQB ranges. It is very easy to maintain.

I'm amazed it is allowed in californiastan.

That was my point.. in an unfired condition this seems great for a buy and flip.

It's allowed in this craptastic state with a 10-rnd mag.. which is so stupid it's actually funny.. It would be sad to even own one here.

I found it comfortable enough to hold and shoot (not this one.. a friends).. a bit odd and it took getting use to. And yea, it's a heavy trigger. I think because of who it was initially designed for.

just because a weapon is developed and made, DOES NOT mean there's a place for it!!! it can still be worthless!!;) and no one is saying YOU have to think its ugly, i just personally do. ive never owned 1 but it sounds like STRANGER DANGER summed it up pretty well that it seems to be a POS!! and once again, it belongs on the set of PLANET OF THE APES!!!!!you asked and it seems you dont like my "thoughts" on it.

No need to get all upset.. just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean "I don't like your thoughts on it".. that's sort of passive-aggressive you know.. :)

You also seem to fixated on the Planet of the Apes.. as I recall the apes won.

Lastly, I find your criteria for something being a POS amusing..

But, like all opinions I thank you for giving yours..

Personally I'd get one with a rail and put a T-1 on it. That's what I've done. Great little bullpup. Though I have a number of ARs and a SOCOM 16 (in a EBR stock) this is my "bugout" weapon. Combined with a FiveseveN on your hip you can travel very light packing three 50 rd mags in a thigh pouch and two 30 rd mags for 57. With mags already in both weapons that's 290 rds and you barely notice it.

Oh by the way, it's also lots of fun to shoot, easy to clean and totally reliable. FN weapons are far from POS. Of course, not liking them is certainly w/in anyone's rights.

Edit: By the way, I was first exposed to these (actually the full auto P90) years ago when I took some Members of Congress and staffers to Fredericksburg to check out the then new FN 50 cal. The carbine and pistol were easy to shoot well. As many of us know the Secret Service uses the P90. I was told they fired something like 20K rounds through one with no lube without a FTF during testing. I might be a bit off on the number as it's been so long, but it was many thousand rounds, no lube, and no problems. The only gripe some have is that the 5.7mm round got a bad rap as a "cop killer" so FN "watered down" the ammo available to civilians. I still find it pretty good though especially as proper bullet placement is so much easier to execute.

Edited by BigHat

Personally I'd get one with a rail and put a T-1 on it. That's what I've done. Great little bullpup. Though I have a number of ARs and a SOCOM 16 (in a EBR stock) this is my "bugout" weapon. Combined with a FiveseveN on your hip you can travel very light packing three 50 rd mags in a thigh pouch and two 30 rd mags for 57. With mags already in both weapons that's 290 rds and you barely notice it.

Oh by the way, it's also lots of fun to shoot, easy to clean and totally reliable. FN weapon weapons are far from POS. Of course, not likely them is certainly w/in anyone's rights.

Thanks.. I would agree that this would be much better with a three rail option added and from what I've read it isn't hard to do.

If I lived in Texas or some sane state it would be a no brainer.. trying to decide if it's worth the hassle here in lame-o California. (although I'm not going to live here forever)...

No need to get all upset.. just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean "I don't like your thoughts on it".. that's sort of passive-aggressive you know..

You also seem to fixated on the Planet of the Apes.. as I recall the apes won.

Lastly, I find your criteria for something being a POS amusing..

But, like all opinions I thank you for giving yours..

no ones upset here mr STEVEY.:) i like debating various gun topics. and getting back to this weapons acting role in society, is it used in any criteria or by any leo,military,cia,spec ops etc. in the U.S. consistantly? i believe the answer is no. and since the U.S. is the status quoe for having the best training tactics and equipment used in the world for the most part, thus its a POS!!:D Edited by texas skeeter