Benelli Nova slug???

jtash123

I've had a benelli nova for turkey hunting and small game hunting for several years now, I deer hunt with a TC Encore muzzleloader and I would like to get a slug barrel for my Benelli for thick cover. Does Benelli even sell slug barrels for the 20 gauge nova?

I'm pretty sure they do but it will cost 90% of what you'll pay for a new gun. I would suggest you give Federal Truball rifled slugs a shot (no pun intended) before you dump big bucks on a rifled barrel.

I'm pretty sure they do but it will cost 90% of what you'll pay for a new gun. I would suggest you give Federal Truball rifled slugs a shot (no pun intended) before you dump big bucks on a rifled barrel.

Try some Remington Sluggers also. I don't like Truball as it sends 3 separate projectiles down-range that can do collateral as well as bounce back and hit you in the case of the stupid polymer ball at an indoor range or if shooting at a solid target.

Try some Remington Sluggers also. I don't like Truball as it sends 3 separate projectiles down-range that can do collateral as well as bounce back and hit you in the case of the stupid polymer ball at an indoor range or if shooting at a solid target.

Funny that you mention that because when it comes to buckshot and slugs all I shoot is the Federal FliteControl and TruBall. Immediatly behind my static target stand is a few ever green trees and the largest one has FliteControl wads and TruBall parts permanently pressed into it.

In any case when it comes to slugs companies use either a plastic compression wad or paper so there will be more than one projectile regardless. Even the cardboard wads in Winchester Super X slugs will put a 1/4" deep dent in a 2x4.

Funny that you mention that because when it comes to buckshot and slugs all I shoot is the Federal FliteControl and TruBall. Immediatly behind my static target stand is a few ever green trees and the largest one has FliteControl wads and TruBall parts permanently pressed into it.

In any case when it comes to slugs companies use either a plastic compression wad or paper so there will be more than one projectile regardless. Even the cardboard wads in Winchester Super X slugs will put a 1/4" deep dent in a 2x4.

The felt wads used in the Sluggers and little plastic disk arn't that bad. If you truly want a solution, Brenneke's with their attatched wad eliminate this problem all togather.

The felt wads used in the Sluggers and little plastic disk arn't that bad. If you truly want a solution, Brenneke's with their attatched wad eliminate this problem all togather.

I own 100 plus acres so I myself have little worry about the damage of blowing my wad indoors could cause.

• 6 months later...