A few previously promised pics

Hookster

• 2 weeks later...
That is a Nice Setup, how does the piston compare with the gas? cleaner I have no doubt... Recoil? Any change? Im a victem of BRD myself.... put together lots of them... Its a Mans LEGO set....

Nice Rifle Hook!

Hey John, Yeah....definitely cleaner without all that gas blowing back into the receiver. I don't really notice any difference in recoil. I'll be taking it to the range again on Friday! I haven't had a chance yet to test my new Geiselle SSA trigger and I want to try out that Hornady TAP ammo.

Later,

Hookster

Do either or both of those stocks have battery storage capability?

Hi Steve, The SOPMOD does, the CAA stock in post #2 of this thread does and the UBR has a "storage module" which I assume is fine for batteries, but I'm not positive. I've handled the UBR at a gunshow but I didn't open the compartment.

Later,

Hookster :)

I never noticed any difference in recoil either. There isn't much to begin with since I use a MGI buffer.

It is absolutely much cleaner to operate and cooler. I shot several magazines full in a couple minutes, I then felt the BCG through the ejection port. It was barely luke warm.

The UBR has a compartment, but anything you put inside fits loose. So batteries will rattle unless you wrap them in a cloth or something. I stick ear plugs in there.

I never noticed any difference in recoil either. There isn't much to begin with since I use a MGI buffer.

It is absolutely much cleaner to operate and cooler. I shot several magazines full in a couple minutes, I then felt the BCG through the ejection port. It was barely luke warm.

The UBR has a compartment, but anything you put inside fits loose. So batteries will rattle unless you wrap them in a cloth or something. I stick ear plugs in there.

Hey SD! Is there a lot of noticable difference between using a MGI buffer vs the H2 buffer?

Thanks,

OK Im sold.......... Recomendations on MFG's? I would like to outfit 2 of my AR's to gas piston....

Im loving it as well!

Hi John,

StrangerDanger, Duggan (if I recall correctly) and I are running the LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) monolithic rail piston upper

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=189&cid=6&session=424c107f291b53553b3ac6102d5d2dc8

I hear a lot of good things about LWRC as well

http://www.lwrci.com/c-11-complete-uppers.aspx

Later,