Part Needed

IDRACCA

I am having a real hard time finding A firing pin for a Gaucha-IGA single shot 12-gauge shotgun imported by Stoeger from Brazil. I have been trying to find one for over 2 years. Can any one help me to find a source for this part? I can email a jpeg of the broken pin if needed.

IDRACCA

Well, I see no one else is jumping in to help. I tried a quick Google search and it looks like a pretty obscure manufacturer with very little info on the Internet. I'm sorry I can't give you any direct assistance but I have some suggestions.

1) Look on Google for ANY importer or firearms manufacturer with ties to Brazil. I found this one quickly: http://www.rossiusa.com/ and email them for assistance or, more importantly, the next link in the chain. They may not be able to help but they may assist you in finding someone who can. It may take several attempts and multiple dead ends but I find the searches to be challenging. I've actually used Systran and Bablefish on the Internet to correspond with people in Czeckoslovakia. You type in your email message and translate it into another language. keep your sentences short and to the point and include the original English text in the email.

1.5) Try emailing some of the Gun Magazine writers directly and ask about tracking down an original or where to have one made.

2) Get accurate dimensions from the broken firing pin and email Brownells and some of the other big supply houses that stock parts. Hopefully you can find something close that would work. It may be from a completely different manufacturer. Fortunately its a firing pin...worst case scenario is it doesn't work or it breaks again.

3) Failing steps 1 and 2, take your accurate dimensions and see if you can have one made. I'm not an expert but I would think you need to get the dimensions exact and the weight as close as possible. It is probably the hardness and heat treating that will be hard to figure out. Make it one of the questions you ask during step one. You could try a variety of materials; mild steel, heat treated, titanium, etc, until you find one that works.

4) If it has sentimental value look for a parts gun on GB.

Good Luck!

Edited by OhioM4

Thanks so much for your reply it was very helpful to me. I have tried Numerich Gun Parts And Brownells also a few other parts places I know of with no success. Thought about having one made but I imagine the price will be very high for a machinist to set up and make one and temper it properly. I may have to go this route. Never thought of the "Brazil" connection thanks for that and for the link. I appreciate your kindness and the work you put into my problem.

Sincerely Yours,

IDRACCA