Defected trigger guard pin on my new Nova Pump?

Reggio

Hi guys,

For those of you following my posts, you'd know that I just bought a Nova Pump. I believe the trigger guard is defected and I am pretty peeved b/c I've chipped my camo on my Max 4 while trying to dislodge the pin. I've cleaned the gun twice, each time removing the trigger assembly as per instruction. It seems like the pin cannot get through hole w/o an incredible amount of force applied on my part. Now before people suggest that I've put the wrong pin into the wrong hole, I double a d triple checked it. It is the correct hole (the pin hole closer to the barrel) The pin/hole behind the trigger is fine.

Anyhow, the camo paint is now chipped (1/4 inch) and it will only get worse every time I clean it...which is frequently. Additionally, the pin head is badly scuffed... I had to force it out with a set of pliers.. either that or leave the gun filthy (it rained during yesterdays hunt and I got the gun pretty dirty trudging through thick woods.)

Needless to say, I am more than pissed about this - it's my first gun and I spent a lot of money on it... I take pride in the things I own, especially when they're supposed to be high quality...

I want this repaired and if it means a new gun so be it.. but the camo paint is just gonna get worse and those pins are gonna be shot in a year from now..

any suggestions?

thnks

Edited by Reggio

Lots of Benellis with chipped camo. Rarely do I see a camo one in the store without chips. Seems to be the nature of the beast.

It chipped because I had to force the pin out, as I stated... the pin is the big problem. I am 200lb + and I work out. I am a pretty fit guy... I have to put almost my entire weight into the magazine tube cap (whihc btw, is wearing out too now...)

within a year, that entire area will be worn out, chipped.. the pin heads will erode on my as I an forced to pull it out with pliers.

each time removing the trigger assembly as per instruction. It seems like the pin cannot get through hole w/o an incredible amount of force applied on my part.

Additionally, the pin head is badly scuffed... I had to force it out with a set of pliers.. either that or leave the gun filthy (it rained during yesterdays hunt and I got the gun pretty dirty trudging through thick woods.)

Double check to make sure that nothing in the trigger group is binding, the pin shouldn't be real hard to force out. I dont know what to tell you about the camo, thats why I got mine in synthetic black.

As for using pliers don't do that, get a properly sized pin punch...and for those who get it this guy R1 should have a few lying around...:p

Lots of Benellis with chipped camo. Rarely do I see a camo one in the store without chips. Seems to be the nature of the beast.

It chipped because I had to force the pin out, as I stated... the pin is the big problem. I am 200lb + and I work out. I am a pretty fit guy... I have to put almost my entire weight into the magazine tube cap (whihc btw, is wearing out too now...)

within a year, that entire area will be worn out, chipped.. the pin heads will erode on my as I an forced to pull it out with pliers.

has anyone else encountered this problem????

Hi guys,

For those of you following my posts, you'd know that I just bought a Nova Pump. I believe the trigger guard is defected and I am pretty peeved b/c I've chipped my camo on my Max 4 while trying to dislodge the pin. I've cleaned the gun twice, each time removing the trigger assembly as per instruction. It seems like the pin cannot get through hole w/o an incredible amount of force applied on my part. Now before people suggest that I've put the wrong pin into the wrong hole, I double a d triple checked it. It is the correct hole (the pin hole closer to the barrel) The pin/hole behind the trigger is fine.

Anyhow, the camo paint is now chipped (1/4 inch) and it will only get worse every time I clean it...which is frequently. Additionally, the pin head is badly scuffed... I had to force it out with a set of pliers.. either that or leave the gun filthy (it rained during yesterdays hunt and I got the gun pretty dirty trudging through thick woods.)

Needless to say, I am more than pissed about this - it's my first gun and I spent a lot of money on it... I take pride in the things I own, especially when they're supposed to be high quality...

I want this repaired and if it means a new gun so be it.. but the camo paint is just gonna get worse and those pins are gonna be shot in a year from now..

any suggestions?

thnks

What did you use when you tried to get the pin out?

Pliars apparently.

NO I didn't use pliers... I used the magazine tube cap.. that's what the instructions say to use...

The pin was sticking out half way.. I tried for 10 mins to get it out... it woudn't come out.. so I pulled it out with pliers

Either way, it SHOULDN'T be that difficult to take out..

How many rounds have you been shooting? I can undersand you wanting to clean your gun, but I don't think you need to clean it as often as you may be doing now. :(

I will clean mine after 75 to 100 rounds unless I have mud or lots of water from rain. I'm not worried as the cammo protects toe outer and I have plentyfull lubing on the inside.

How many rounds have you been shooting? I can undersand you wanting to clean your gun, but I don't think you need to clean it as often as you may be doing now. :(

I will clean mine after 75 to 100 rounds unless I have mud or lots of water from rain. I'm not worried as the cammo protects toe outer and I have plentyfull lubing on the inside.

it was filthy

trudge through swamp, bush, etc.. fell at least two times.. gun was in mud, etc.. it rained here all weekend

either way, it doesn't make a difference.. had i put the cleaning off, it still would have been a sticky pin

NO I didn't use pliers... I used the magazine tube cap.. that's what the instructions say to use...

The pin was sticking out half way.. I tried for 10 mins to get it out... it woudn't come out.. so I pulled it out with pliers

Either way, it SHOULDN'T be that difficult to take out..

Is this the first time you've taken the gun apart? Or is this a first time cleaning.

I haven't taken apart a SN for a while but aren't the pins different lengths, if so I doubt it's part of the problem. Also when I first took my own SNT's apart everything fit very, very snug be it the mag. cap or trigger group pins. After 20 or so cleanings and 3,000+ rounds the trigger group pins pretty much came out on there own.

1- Ditch the "t i t t y" mag. cap and use a M4's, the damage it does when the pin breaks loose isn't worth the simplicity.

2- Use a punch to remove the trigger group pins.

In your case the damage has been done but it was most likely due to the "t i t t y" cap smashing into your camo.

Nevermind I reread your post. You cleaned twice. Did you put the right pin back in the right hole. There is 2 pins and even though each go into each others holes, they shouldn't be interchanges. Did you have this problem the first to times you cleaned it?

Yes, I did have the problem the very first time so I didn't put it into the wrong hole... It's defected.. nothing should be that difficukt.. It almost had to be hammered in

I am taking it back first chance I get this week...

I haven't taken apart a SN for a while but aren't the pins different lengths, if so I doubt it's part of the problem. Also when I first took my own SNT's apart everything fit very, very snug be it the mag. cap or trigger group pins. After 20 or so cleanings and 3,000+ rounds the trigger group pins pretty much came out on there own.

1- Ditch the "t i t t y" mag. cap and use a M4's, the damage it does when the pin breaks loose isn't worth the simplicity.

2- Use a punch to remove the trigger group pins.

In your case the damage has been done but it was most likely due to the "t i t t y" cap smashing into your camo.

What do you mean by #1? The damage? can u explain please?

What do you mean by #1? The damage? can u explain please?

The factory magazine cap looks goofy and shouldn't be used as a tool, sure the "nipple" is just the right size but when you use it especially when pushing hard it smacks the reciever. On a black Nova/SN it leaves a shiny spot but on a camo one I imagine it would smash the film.

So to make my gun look better I used a M4 magazine cap and bought a punch.