Kip's titanium tube

mosley128

So I'm looking forward to upgrading my spankin' new M4, and have heard from a couple places that Kip makes the best tubes... Is this the general consensus around here? Also, I've googled it, and cannot find his place of business... Apparently "Kip titanium tube" is not thorough enough. :D Does anyone have a link? Is there any chance of me actually GETTING one before new years?

Also (to avoid a seperate posting) I asked about moving the sling mount on the barrel of my M4, and someone on these forums said you could simply do it with a pair of pliers. Obviously I am a little wary of wielding a pair of pliers around my new toy, I really just don't want to break what LOOKS to be a pretty easy-to-break piece of metal. Any advice?

So I'm looking forward to upgrading my spankin' new M4, and have heard from a couple places that Kip makes the best tubes... Is this the general consensus around here? Also, I've googled it, and cannot find his place of business... Apparently "Kip titanium tube" is not thorough enough. :D Does anyone have a link? Is there any chance of me actually GETTING one before new years?

Also (to avoid a seperate posting) I asked about moving the sling mount on the barrel of my M4, and someone on these forums said you could simply do it with a pair of pliers. Obviously I am a little wary of wielding a pair of pliers around my new toy, I really just don't want to break what LOOKS to be a pretty easy-to-break piece of metal. Any advice?

You need 'snap ring pliers' a specialty tool, NOT your run of the mill pliers. I got a pair made by Channellock which convert to both inner and outer snap rings and come with different size tip for less then $20 at bLowe's. Used mine on both the tiny snap ring for the retaining spring for the axle bush and the large snap ring for the sling attachment.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200308959_200308959

Just be patient. It is the best, but it may take a loooooong time to reach you. Great tube maker but as a businessman he leaves a lot to be desired.

Kip is catching up and last I checked was on a 1-3 week delivery time. Could have changed, but thats the last I saw.

*reading the above I stand corrected.

Kip is catching up and last I checked was on a 1-3 week delivery time. Could have changed, but thats the last I saw.

*reading the above I stand corrected.

Ya I am a month in also. he never charged my debit card though? I emailed him a week ago no responce yet.

I am glad though I dont like the color match on the Tan for the camo one and now want to go with a black one.

well damn, I just spent an hour researching the stupid gun laws in my state (Massachusetts) and apparently I can't have both a pistol grip and a magazine that will hold more than 5 rounds. I hate this stupid state.

Now I have to decide if I should keep the gun as is and cancel this order or look for a non-pistol grip stock.

That sucks... I called out local sheriff and he basically said he had no clue if it was legal or not, but he "thought probably not" and I can't find anything online saying it ISN'T legal, but I would certainly like to know for sure before I start upgrading my gun. It's stupid that you can't find these things out with ease.