Supernova - Light Firing Pin Strike - Misfire

Petek54321

I have had my supernova for about 2 months and have fired about 150 rounds out of it.

Out of the first 100 rounds i had two rounds that failed to fire and there was a light firing pin mark on the shell.

Today I went out and shot 50 and probably had about 10 of these.

I have read a thread from about a year ago and it seems like this is a pretty common problem with novas and supernovas and the following reasons as to why have been given.

1. Too much lube

2. Too little lube

3. Firing pin spring is too tight

4. Firing pin spring is too loose

5. There is a little play in the forend after the action is closed and locked.

There was no conclusion given as to what to do to fix this problem. #3 seems like the most likely problem to me but I am by no means an expert. Please weigh-in with your thoughts.

I have had my supernova for about 2 months and have fired about 150 rounds out of it.

Out of the first 100 rounds i had two rounds that failed to fire and there was a light firing pin mark on the shell.

Today I went out and shot 50 and probably had about 10 of these.

I have read a thread from about a year ago and it seems like this is a pretty common problem with novas and supernovas and the following reasons as to why have been given.

1. Too much lube

2. Too little lube

3. Firing pin spring is too tight

4. Firing pin spring is too loose

5. There is a little play in the forend after the action is closed and locked.

There was no conclusion given as to what to do to fix this problem. #3 seems like the most likely problem to me but I am by no means an expert. Please weigh-in with yourthoughts.

have you cleaned the gun?

Have you removed the firing pin and looked at the pin and spring?

• 3 years later...

I've recently started having the same problems, I clean my gun after every hunt and lightly oil it before storage, I've tried three different brands of ammo. I have noticed that I don't get misfires with a shell when I don't have any in the mag.( tube). I have had the gun apart and can't find any reason for this problem?

I've recently started having the same problems, I clean my gun after every hunt and lightly oil it before storage, I've tried three different brands of ammo. I have noticed that I don't get misfires with a shell when I don't have any in the mag.( tube). I have had the gun apart and can't find any reason for this problem?

I sent mine to benelli and they fixed whatever the problem was. It was covered under warranty so, of course, they don't tell you what they fixed. Haven't had any problems since. I suspected something was off with the firing pin or the firing pin spring but I can't be sure.

I sent mine to benelli and they fixed whatever the problem was. It was covered under warranty so, of course, they don't tell you what they fixed. Haven't had any problems since. I suspected something was off with the firing pin or the firing pin spring but I can't be sure.

did you send the whole shotgun to benelli or did you just send in the firing pin?