M4 elevation adjustment

frolic1

Shot slugs through my M4 yesterday for the 1st time. The grouping was about 6 - 12 inches high at 50 yards. I didn't have a screwdriver with me to adjust the elevation. When I got home I noticed that the adjustment screw had "click indentations" as it is turned. Does anyone know how many inches per "click" @ 50 yards the elevation adjustment makes?

Shot slugs through my M4 yesterday for the 1st time. The grouping was about 6 - 12 inches high at 50 yards. I didn't have a screwdriver with me to adjust the elevation. When I got home I noticed that the adjustment screw had "click indentations" as it is turned. Does anyone know how many inches per "click" @ 50 yards the elevation adjustment makes?

Are you aiming it correctly? You do NOT! line up the dots. You put the tip of the post in the center of the halo and the target is bisected by the tip of the post and this is the POI, just like with an AR type rifle. Disregard the dots completely. It sounds like you are lining up the dots to me. My bet is that no-matter how much you tweaked on it it still shot high if this is what was happening.

You're correct, I was placing the dot over the bullseye and centering in the ghost ring. However, if I just dropped the ghost ring a few clicks wouldn't the POI drop to match the dot location?

Oddly, the adjustment for this shotgun is very fine. You would probably not be able to adjust it on target the way you are shooting. It is a 5MOA weapon with 1/2 MOA weapon sights, lol.