M4 noob question

larryf

I recently acquired a M4. I did the prelim cleaning prior to shooting it the first time and then went to the range and unloaded a box of shells to break it in. Afterwords, I broke the gun down completely per the manual and then reassembled.

Now when I tilt the gun up or down, I can hear the gas piston roads moving back and forth a bit??? Is this normal after a first time complete breakdown or did I f'up on something?

Thanks,

Larry

I recently acquired a M4. I did the prelim cleaning prior to shooting it the first time and then went to the range and unloaded a box of shells to break it in. Afterwords, I broke the gun down completely per the manual and then reassembled.

Now when I tilt the gun up or down, I can hear the gas piston roads moving back and forth a bit??? Is this normal after a first time complete breakdown or did I f'up on something?

Thanks,

Larry

No worries Larry and welcome to the forum. The pistons should move back and forth freely.

Later,

Hookster :)