FS: BRAND NEW Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 Win.

quickbiscuit

Brand new, never fired, never mounted a scope. This one has been in my safe since purchased new in mid-2008.

26" heavy barrel

synthetic stock with wide vented forend

dual studs for bi-pod and sling mounting

Actual pictures and proof of ownership available to serious buyers. Stock photo below:

lgsil_700spsvarmint.jpg

$550 FTF, shipping to FFL extra. I am located in Middle Tennessee.

CASH ONLY. NO TRADES PLEASE.

Thanks for your consideration!

Edited by quickbiscuit

You need to check current pricing on this. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should. I've priced this lower than what I paid for it. Do you want me to give it away?

Able's: 556.79 + shipping + FFL transfer & NICS

Impact: 550.99 + shipping + FFL transfer & NICS

Me: 550 out the door, no questions asked.

And those are online prices. This rifle is nearly $600 + tax from my local dealer, and he has some of the lowest gun shop prices around.

Please don't turn this into another "I don't like your price thread." This has been hashed out several times on here. Why even opine if you aren't interested?

Edited by quickbiscuit

I don't recall saying whether your price was too high or too low. Given your defensive reaction, I think we both know the answer to that one now, don't we?

My point is that why would I risk buying the gun from you, a relatively unknown and unproven source for $550, when this guy with 13,000+ positive feedbacks couldn't sell one for $529.00?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149658199

Now get that big ugly chip off your shoulder and realize that buyers really don't care what you paid for it months ago.

They have no desire to underwrite your poor shopping skills.

Local dealer means nothing.

I can buy it one click, e-mail the seller my dealer's FFL, and call him up with my CC#. Done friggin' deal, and I don't have to go my local dealer, much less go meet you somewhere and worry about whether you're a thief, robber, or just a fed trying to catch me doing wrong. :p

Your high horse is double-parked outside.

I don't recall saying whether your price was too high or too low. Given your defensive reaction, I think we both know the answer to that one now, don't we?

My point is that why would I risk buying the gun from you, a relatively unknown and unproven source for $550, when this guy with 13,000+ positive feedbacks couldn't sell one for $529.00?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149658199

Now get that big ugly chip off your shoulder and realize that buyers really don't care what you paid for it months ago.

They have no desire to underwrite your poor shopping skills.

Local dealer means nothing.

I can buy it one click, e-mail the seller my dealer's FFL, and call him up with my CC#. Done friggin' deal, and I don't have to go my local dealer, much less go meet you somewhere and worry about whether you're a thief, robber, or just a fed trying to catch me doing wrong. :p

Your high horse is double-parked outside.

Actual pictures and proof of ownership available to serious buyers.

Not hard to prove that I'm not a thief, robber, or otherwise.

It's pricks like you that make this one of the worst forums on the internet. Again, if you don't have any interest, keep your opinions to yourself. You don't have a dog in the race. Go get a life, dude.

Actual pictures and proof of ownership available to serious buyers.

Not hard to prove that I'm not a thief, robber, or otherwise.

It's pricks like you that make this one of the worst forums on the internet. Again, if you don't have any interest, keep your opinions to yourself. You don't have a dog in the race. Go get a life, dude.

Your going to take pictures of yourself to prove your not a thief, robber, of otherwise. Wow, I don't think I want to see.

Brand new 2008 Remington SPS 308 for more than brand new 2009 price? It is not a NEW Gun,why more than 2009 NEW price? :o

I recently bought a brand new from Retail store 2008 Browning Citori 12 Ga Satin Lightning and they marked it down from 1299.00 to 1099.00 but it had not set in anyones gun safe for a year?

Edited by HOGWILD

It's pricks like you that make this one of the worst forums on the internet.

ONE of the worst?

Seriously?

That's just disappointing right there.

All the effort we've put into being number one, and you come stumbling by and drop that insult in our laps. :D

Dogs and races....

Let's review, shall we?

YOU posted online pricing as support for your asking price. Somehow, that's justified and fair.

I mentioned that you may want to review current pricing, not saying whether your price was high, low, or or ridiculous.

You assumed (or more likely already knew) that I was indicating that your pricing was a bit high and immediately launched a defensive campaign to smear me and the forums you've so recently joined.

Then you audaciously tell me to get a life?

How much are you asking for one of those?

Is that something else you've been keeping the closet and not using? :p

The same price would mean that Mr. Biscuit would have to drop his asking price a bit.

I also wonder what he meant by, "550 out the door, no questions asked."

Surely, he knows it's illegal to transfer a long gun across state lines without going through a FFL?

The first F stands for FEDERAL.

And they ask lots of questions.

Can you read? Seriously. 550 FTF (that's face to face). Shipping to FFL extra. Don't know how much clearer I can be. Obviously I would like to sell this rifle locally rather than going through the hassle of shipping to an FFL.

The long-standing members of this forum have the worst attitudes I have ever seen on a message board, especially towards newcomers. Do you not have anything better to do than waste your time hijacking someone's thread and generally making yourself look like a complete ass?

You are obviously a walking blue book of gun values, instantly knowing the proper price for any given firearm.

Thanks!

That's very nice of you to say.

Impact and Able's prices are reasonable.

They have websites, overhead, employees, advertising, etc., so I'd expect to pay a little more from them.

Plus, they are experienced dealers selling brand new firearms.

They do however require that you answer some questions before you walk out the door. :D