M2 Trouble

twatson

I need help or advise. My M2 is four years old, never had a problem until my son used it for skeet club this past summer. When you load a shell into chamber sometimes the bold would not close all the way. This also happened goose hunting. I received a new recoil spring and replaced it. Still have the same problem. I pulled up to shoot at geese twice and I thought the bolt had closed and rotated properly but would not fire. Recoil spring and tube are clean, bolt firing pin all good condition can't figure it out. I can't send the gun in until after hunting season. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I need help or advise. My M2 is four years old, never had a problem until my son used it for skeet club this past summer. When you load a shell into chamber sometimes the bold would not close all the way. This also happened goose hunting. I received a new recoil spring and replaced it. Still have the same problem. I pulled up to shoot at geese twice and I thought the bolt had closed and rotated properly but would not fire. Recoil spring and tube are clean, bolt firing pin all good condition can't figure it out. I can't send the gun in until after hunting season. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would make sure that the grooves that the bolt head rotates into are clean. So take your barrel off and just before the chamber there are grooves, last time I checked mine they were black with carbon/dirt/powder residue. Take a Q-Tip and some solvent and make sure those are shiny silver like the rest of the barrel extension.

You could also take the bolt assembly out and make sure that it only takes a light touch to push the bold head back and have it rotate. You may need to take the bolt assembly apart to clean/lube.

Since this problem began I have been very careful to keep it clean but I will double check it. Thanks. The only thing I noticed that does not see normal is the shell Carrier "lever" or bar hits the front of the bolt and seems to cause to much resistance when the bolt slides foreward. Take the triger housing out and the bolt is perfect and so is the triger and shell carrier. But back in has some resistance but should not be enough to hang up the bolt like that. Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't yet remove the recoil spring. Check for rust

Check that the recoil spring tube hasn't gotten bent.

I'm sure you've run something down the mag tube to clean out the dirt but do that again.

Is the second shell that has a problem or the third shell?

It might be the mag tube spring has gotten weak and doesn't push the shell back fast enough for the action to cycle properly.

Start there good luck

Since this problem began I have been very careful to keep it clean but I will double check it. Thanks. The only thing I noticed that does not see normal is the shell Carrier "lever" or bar hits the front of the bolt and seems to cause to much resistance when the bolt slides foreward. Take the triger housing out and the bolt is perfect and so is the triger and shell carrier. But back in has some resistance but should not be enough to hang up the bolt like that. Thanks for your time.

This is normal......or I should say mine does the same thing as you described.

jed