Finally bought a benelli!

His Divine Shadow

But whoops! It wasn't an M4 as I had been thinking about for a really long time. For some reason it lost its lack of appeal to me.

I dunno maybe it had todo with youtube! Search benelli M4 and you barely find anything but people empyting their mags and going "**** yeah I got an M4, sandbox etc." I think it left an impression on me and I subconsciously associated the M4 with bland boring 10 sec videos. :p

Meanwhile if you look for M1/M2s you'll find a whole lot more videos of people actually using their guns in something else than shooting in a gravel pit. Hickok45 for instance does a whole lot of impressive shooting with this 20 year old Benelli M1S90, Tom Knapp had an M1S90 as well. And M2s are in use all kinds of 3gunning and the like as well.

So probably being swayed by what I saw I went looking for an M1 or M2 instead. I held an M2 in the store and it was fantastic, even with a 28" barrel it felt shorter and lighter somehow than me 29" Remington 870.

Anyway just last week I found a very lightly used M1 Super 90 with a 21" VR barrel and factory 7 shot magtube.

Pictures are big and the forum only allows 2 pics at a time so here are links:

http://i.imgur.com/yYtoM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vN3Lv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oyqzv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O5tdI.jpg

Sadly I haven't gotten it yet, but sometime next week it should be here.

Really though I wish there more videos of M4s being used, by people who know how to use them, for something else than magdumping. Like a competition or something, I've seen maybe 5 videos total like that, in a sea of crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got it home:

xS33E.jpg

kHO9Y.jpg

A weird thing, this isn't a normal capacity tube with an extension, the whole tube seems to be one single piece. This puts a crimp in my plans to replace the now non-existent extension with a Nordic...

Also loading of rounds is a bit stiff, anything that can be done to help that along, it's stiffest at the last part of inserting a cartridge, gotta give it a real shove then, not conductive to fast loading...

Well I finally got it home:

A weird thing, this isn't a normal capacity tube with an extension, the whole tube seems to be one single piece. ...

That is because it is the origonal Benelli factory tube before they had to make a short tube with an extention variation..

Edited by dark knight

I don't care what people on YouTube are doing with a product that I am interested in. That wouldn't affect my purchasing decision. Maybe you could ask the Marine Corp to upload some videos of them using their M4s. Would that make you feel better about buying one?

I love it. :D He lambasts me for my attitude and instead of practicing what he preaches, he responds randomly to a thread with these positive comments. Way to go! I've bookmarked this one for a later date Hopeton. icon14.gif

I don't care what people on YouTube are doing with a product that I am interested in. That wouldn't affect my purchasing decision. Maybe you could ask the Marine Corp to upload some videos of them using their M4s. Would that make you feel better about buying one?

Only the marines in question where doing a 3gun match with them. That would infact be very cool.

In other news, I ran 9 and 7.5 shot through this gun with zero problems, also some slugs and buckshot, it eats everything I throw at it.

Here's a picture I took when I disassembled it over the weekend, as you can see the nut itself screws off and slides off the tube.

I was told that all I need do if I want to put a nordic extension on this for an extra round is to cut the tube at the threads, a Nordic or other extension will just thread on normally from there.

WeTTRh.jpg