M2 Tactical... Ammunition recommendations?

RHINOWSO

Hello all,

I just bought a Benelli M2 Tactical w/ standard stock yesterday. Got a decent deal but I was looking to buy, so I said why not. I plan on shooting it next week if I get back from my business trip before the weekend. I have some accessories on order, like Nordic extention, magazine clamp, follower, and a Mesa Tactial stock (all to comply with 922r ~ I know plenty blow it off but it's not worth it to me).

Anyway, I'm wondering what kind of ammunition you all run in your M2s? I know reduced recoil rounds aren't the set for reliability, so I'm thinking of some Winchester Ranger OO buck to start...

Rhino

F18 Heavy WSO,

I am in very much the same boat: new M2 Tactical, broke in with a couple hundred rounds of 2 3/4" & 3" leftovers, replaced the forend and magazine follower with U.S. parts for 922® compliance, added factory extension, added the steel DMW bolt handle, replaced OEM recoil pad with LIMBSAVER, and it is just not reliable with low recoil LE132 00 loads. The full power LE127 00 FliteControl load and the WCC/Winchester military grade 00 work 100%, no issues. I need to put both on paper but am expecting the LE127 00 FliteControl load to be the clear winner. LMK how you make out with your tests & I will do the same.

Carey

Edited by leid

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I have a stash of the Federal 127 stuff, I think the only reduced recoil rounds I have is the Hornday TAP I run in my 590A1 SBS.

What kind of fore end did you get? I looked at Surefire, but they are awful expensive (and I'm not a penny pincher either!).

Everything I ordered was in stock besides the Mesa Tactical PG stock, so I'll have to wait to install most of it until that arrives, as it is my second part for 922r.

I'll let you know how mine works out, I've been impressed with the flight control out of my 590A1 when I shot it awhile back and I'd expect the same from the M2

Cheers,

Rhino

Edited by RHINOWSO

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I have a stash of the Federal 127 stuff, I think the only reduced recoil rounds I have is the Hornday TAP I run in my 590A1 SBS.

What kind of fore end did you get? I looked at Surefire, but they are awful expensive (and I'm not a penny pincher either!).

Everything I ordered was in stock besides the Mesa Tactical PG stock, so I'll have to wait to install most of it until that arrives, as it is my second part for 922r.

I'll let you know how mine works out, I've been impressed with the flight control out of my 590A1 when I shot it awhile back and I'd expect the same from the M2

Cheers,

Rhino

Surefire 617LM 200 lumen; works great and far cheaper than trip to the ER (or worse). Bears don't like it; bad actors don't even count when they are illuminated. The upper 1/3 of the lighted field is what you get at night if you pull the trigger. 617LM has been very bright and easy on batteries but look for what works for you.

Cheers!

Carey

Which Nordic extension did you order? Where did you order from?

Thanks in advance.

Midway USA, the +3 one, which should bring the mag to the end of the barrel and give 8 Rd capacity, plus 1 + 1 if I ghost load.

Rhino

• 4 weeks later...