SBS Entry barrel for M4

BM4robbins

I was under the impression that if you had a registered item like an SBS that 922r didn't apply.

A lot of people are under that impression, but I've yet to see any evidence that this is the case. As far as I know, an NFA firearm is still subject to import compliance laws ... Supposing it matters. Nobody has proven this issue one way or the other. BAFTE probably doesn't know.

922r does not apply to NFA firearms, period. Read the actual text of 922r and you'll see why.

The GCA of 1968 creates three categories of imported firearms: Military Surplus firearms, NFA firearms and firearms "suitable of readily adaptable to sporting purpose."

922r text defines it's applicability very clearly, specifying only firearms "suitable or readily adaptable to sporting purpose." NFA is not mentioned in 922r and would have to be in order for this law to apply here.