Benelli M4 c-stock issue

tom_w

Hey everyone. First time post. I've googled this issue to no avail, except that I know there are problems with this set up. Purchased an Benelli M4 about a year ago. Finally found a collapsible stock at a decent price. Impulse buy, without research. In retrospect I wish I had just purchased an Urbino.

After reading all the forums and info, I was discouraged to even try to install the c-stock.

Finally got around to doing it today, and I'm surprised by the issue that I have run into.

No problem removing the original stock. The tube is machined for a c-stock. Pistol grip screwed right on. Stock attached without a hitch.

The problem that I ran into was reinserting the trigger group. It doesn't fit. The trigger pin does not align, forward by about 5mm. The trigger group will not seat flush to the rear of the receiver. I'm somewhat surprised that this is the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I did find my way to the botach webpage for a c-stock:

botachtactical.com/be70m4cobu.html

If you look at the exploded drawing of the stock, the part on the far right of the picture appears to be the issue. It is either not wide enough or deep enough to accept the trigger group.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Tom

Try removing the trigger group, then depress the shell stop lever while re-inserting it. That should allow the trigger housing to be properly positioned towards the rear, and vertically to engage the cut-out in that far right piece. If that does not work, ensure the piece you pointed out was properly installed in the grip, with correct orientation and that the retaining pin actually passes through the retention hole.

great question. when i made that comment, i was afraid things wouldn't work out. so it was a comment of premature buyer's remorse.

that said, the c-stock shoulders correctly in the fully extended position. when shouldered in the collapsed or middle position, then i'm above the rear ghost ring. and since i'm not climbing in and out of vehicles with this gun, then a c-stock doesn't offer me very much.

i've never shouldered the urbino, so i don't know how it would feel or what it would compare too. i do wonder how the sight picture would change with the urbino.

if i got another m4, which is not out of the question, i would probably try out the urbino considering the avialability and price of c-stocks.

Not sure to what you are referring. I was able to install the trigger group correctly, so the initial post problem was solved.

If you are referring to the sight picture at different stock positions, then I doubt it is an issue with the stock.

Thanks for your response. After fiddling with it for about an hour, I was able to install it. Not sure what the problem was, but problem solved. Thanks again for your help.

Tom

make sure that when re-installing the trigger group, follow what BM4robbins suggested. you always have to push the bolt release button on the side of the receiver when getting the trigger group back into place. with some practice, it should only take a matter of seconds.

For a "gee whiz" look and impressing the college boys at the range the C-stock is wonderful. Probably works well on the skeet range.

The Benelli C-stock (telestock) is the fully extended position is waaaaaaaaaaaay too long for shooting anything other than skeet even in street clothing. (Fully extended it's the same length as the commercial fixed stock, which is also way too long.) Add a jacket or body armor and it's even longer.

Close to the middle position and the length is quite nice. The sights are, unfortunately, unusable in this position! I found this totally unsatisfactory and removed the telestock and fitted the Mesa Urbino which has the best pull length for me and allows use of the sights. Not as "kool" looking as the C-stock I admit.

The photo shows the two stock lengths. The mid position of the C-stock is like the Urbino (right), but the Urbino stock allows the use of the sights -- a not inconsequential benefit.

43659662-IMG_2010_12_24_0504_c.JPG

--Chuck

Edited by chuck_s

I have the same issue with the sights when the stock is in the middle position. However, I find that the fully extended length is a perfect fit for me being at 6'1" tall. The only time I will be using the stock in the middle position would be indoors, so I equipped the gun with a weapon light/laser combo. I sighted the laser in to 15 feet and now I don't need the sights, I can hold the gun up to shoulder height where it's most comfortable and scan with both eyes. I like this setup very much. And with my brown hair and hazel eyes I must look great with that collapsible stock on there.

• 3 weeks later...