Supernova barrel attachment problem

oms7

Just got the new supernova and am having a problem with the barrel. I cleaned and oiled the whole thing and mounted the barrel in place and tightened the cap that connects the barrel to the receiver. I noticed a jiggle between the barrel and receiver. I found that the small spring-loaded locking pin on the barrel that keeps the cap from coming loose was not moving and was jammed. The only way to fit the barrel on was to use a small knife to push the pin down and then tighten the cap. Anyone else have this happen? Is that normal? I haven't even fired this thing yet.

Edited by oms7

I took it in to wholesale sports where I picked it up. They're getting me a new barrel or a new supernova if that's what has to happen. I'm going to use it for some trap shooting in the morning to test it out.