Benelli M3 SBS question

elits1

Any help / insight would be greatly appriciated. I was interested in converting my M3 into a NFA short barreled shotgun by professionally cuting the 19.75" factory barrel down to 14". I have searched all over the internet looking for pictures or forums explaining the process and I have only come up with airsoft conversions. My first question, is this legal if all of the ATF form 1 NFA steps are followed? My second question, will this adversly effect the function of the gun? Third question, recomendations on a good gunsmith that can cut the barrel and move the front ghost sight from its original location to the 14" barrel. Thanks in advance for your help.

KB Fab, Thank you for the information. I am familiar with the NFA process but was unsure if the imports are more complicated than the domestic guns. I want to be sure the Benelli meets all BATFE compliances. I wonder this because of how scarce / seemingly non-existant the M3 SBS is.

KB Fab, Thank you for the information. I am familiar with the NFA process but was unsure if the imports are more complicated than the domestic guns. I want to be sure the Benelli meets all BATFE compliances. I wonder this because of how scarce / seemingly non-existant the M3 SBS is.

You're best bet is to speak with the Class III dealer you are going to have do the transfer paperwork. They will know what you need to do. I'm working on a Benelli M4 SBS right now and as far as I know, we haven't run into anything yet regarding the fact that it is imported.

You're best bet is to speak with the Class III dealer you are going to have do the transfer paperwork. They will know what you need to do. I'm working on a Benelli M4 SBS right now and as far as I know, we haven't run into anything yet regarding the fact that it is imported.

no worries about being imported and no worries about 922 after you get your stamp.