Let's Talk M Series Trigger Group Functioning

benelliwerkes

The M Series Benelli cartridge drop lever, the carrier and the hammer actions are not generally illustrated for understanding of function.

The Benelli manuals are confusing as to what the status of the "red dot showing" really means .......so, I have made my own list of red dot status / functions.

The parts are small and not well seen without high quality photos, which unfortunately are degraded during the upload process...that problem and a 5 photo / post limit will require several sequential postings to illustrate all the information. So sorry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]674[/ATTACH]

Edited by benelliwerkes

Here's the next series of illustrations.

The uploads are fairly clear; mostly to highlight the various engagements of the trigger sear with the hammer hook and disconnector, as well as illustrating how trigger is not engaged by either the disconnector or the hammer hook during bolt cycling. It may clarify understanding / misunderstandings of some posts related to disconnector discontent !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]675[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]676[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]679[/ATTACH]

Edited by benelliwerkes

Outstanding again. If you would, would you do a disassembly guide of the trigger group? I'll host them on my photobucket account if you like so that the quality of your work is shown. With carriercomp releasing their US made hammer fairly soon, a lot of people are going to be disassembling this part. I have some ideas on how it comes apart, but I'd rather follow an experienced users path.

Guest addyj672

Wow, that's really great information. Thanks so much. That said, it may be slightly over my head at the moment since I am still learning my gun and since my gun managed to pulverize the new trigger reset spring that idpasteyr was nice enough to send me (after only about three hundred rounds). So, since I can't get a hold of a new trigger spring (or mechanism) right now I think I'm going to push to have it exchanged or returned. I am after all not a gunsmith and even if I can fix it what good is being able to fix it if there are no parts available?