Adding cantilever scope mount to slug barrel?

flintcreek6412

I have an M2 rifled slug barrel and I would like to add a cantilever scope mount so I don't have to tap the receiver. Since I often bird and deer hunt the same weekends it would be much easier with a cantilever mount to just swap barrels.

Can this be done? If so, any advice on a gunsmith or custom shop that can do it? My local one is reluctant to do it.

I don't know definitively but I'm sure it can be done. Those mounts are add-ons at some point in the mfg'ing process anyway so it's just a matter of finding the mount. I just ordered a slug barrel for my Super Nova and it has a cantilever mount. I bought it from these guys. http://www.badgerbarrelsinc.com/ Maybe give them a call and see if they will put one on your existing barrel. If not, maybe they would sell you the mount and you could have a smith install it.