20 ga. NOVA SHELL STICKING

RLT BUILDERS

Has anyone had any problems with their shell follower hanging up after loading shells. When I load shells in nova the follower will hang up. I've tried oiling it and it doesn't seem to help. It looks like some of the material needs shaved off the trigger guard on each side of the shell follower to prevent it from hanging, but I'm not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Got the gun from my uncle who bought it new several years ago but he never fired it.

Actually I used the wrong terminology in the above post. It is the shell carrier that is sticking. Since my initial post I have found another thread on this forum that addresses the problem I am having. It appears to be quite common in the Nova 20 ga. On the other thread I was given a YOUTUBE link to help me with the problem. I will probably contact Benelli about it to see what they can do before I attempt the repair on my own. Sorry for the trouble, I should have researched the forum more before I started asking questions.