New ( To me ) Benelli Nova!

MaK_12gNova

Just wanted to show off my new purchase and ask a couple questions. Picked up a Benelli Nova 12g on July 3rd. Still going through the 10 day background check/wait period but I get to pick it up on the 12th of July. It is a "used" shotgun but the previous owner bought it, put it in a case and never fired it. No scratches on the shotgun itself, nor discoloration in the finish. Whatcha think?

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

I still have yet to run the serial number and find out everything about it. But I was curious about the "Patent Pending" stamp on the gun itself in the above picture. Also, There was a mariner edition Benelli Nova at the store I bought it from but It didn't have the stamp. Does anybody have any answers to the "Patent Pending" stamp?

Thanks.

Its a 18.5" and I think im alright for now :) I kinda want to upgrade the magazine so that it sits even with the barrel though.

Anybody have any clue on the "Patent Pending" stamp? still kinda curious about it. Also, how would I go about running the serial number online? or do I need to wait till I go to pick it up and just ask an employee?

Edited by MaK_12gNova

Picked it up today and did a little bit of research on aftermarket selections. There isn't much :/ sadly. I figured the whole 1 piece reciever/stock would kinda interfere. but all in all, im happy with it! did a little bit of comparing with my brother's mossberg 500 and the Benelli has a much better designed reciever but it also weighs more.

But I digress. I came up with a couple more questions.

Can a Mesa tactical sure-shot side saddle for a supernova fit on a nova pump? my nova pump would obviously need to be drilled/taped on the top but thats no problem. Im just worried about fitment and the drilling. The top of the reciever has what looks like a rail built in.

If that doesn't seem logical. I noticed that my gun is also drilled/taped on the side of the reciever and i also noticed that the mesa tactical side saddle for the remington 870 mounts to the side of the fire arm. has anyone ever retro fitted it? would it look out of place, and not fit correctly?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alrighty, but can you drill/tap into the top of the synthetic stock? theres a rail on the top of it, so I dont see how that would work? I'll take pictures.

here's a picture of the top of the reciever... the rail is pretty obvious.

IMG_0676.jpg

and heres a picture of inside the ejector port.

IMG_0677.jpg

This cannot be drilled into, as it will block the action, correct?

Edited by MaK_12gNova

yes you can drill and tap it people to it all the time! just bring the mesa rail to a certified gunsmith and have him do it correctly. all the novas and supernovas come tapped on top where you took the picture with pistol grips all the ones with field stocks dont come tapped but yes you can tap it and mesa supplies the screws that are correct length

yes you can drill and tap it people to it all the time! just bring the mesa rail to a certified gunsmith and have him do it correctly. all the novas and supernovas come tapped on top where you took the picture with pistol grips all the ones with field stocks dont come tapped but yes you can tap it and mesa supplies the screws that are correct length

sweet! you just made my day! lol i was totally discouraged thinking I wouldn't be able to. I'll definitely have to order one and take it to the local gunsmith just down the street from me.

But you're 100% sure the material there is thick enough, wont penetrate through and mess with the action moving? thats my only worry.

yes i am 100% sure! i have one on my supernova!

Is it something like this what you have on your supernova??

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-shot-and-rail-for-benelli-super-nova-p-204.html

Or like this?

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-saddle-mount-and-aluminum-8shot-sureshell-carrier-p-39.html

The carrier in the second link is what I want, but I am unsure the pins for the trigger assembly would line up correctly. Only reason im questioning it is due to the fact that the carrier in the first link is meant for benelli's but the one in the second link only specifies remington's...