Scope Rings for Cantilevered Barrel / Comfortech Recoil Pad.....Help?

Gillt58

I have a Supernova and am purchasing a Badger Cantilever Rifled Barrel for it for deer hunting, with alot of thanks to someone on this forum for the help.

My question is.......What are a good set of rings to hold up to the abuse of that 12 gauge recoil? I've heard alot of good things about Burris Signature Zee rings and of course Leupold rings. Also, I'm not sure if I should get low, medium, high? The cantilever will be sticking up quite aways, I wouldn't imagine the need for high's, but of course open to all suggestions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BTW, I will be mounting a Leupold VX-1 2x7 shotgun scope on it.

Also, I'll throw this random question out in hopes to save another thread or call to benelli:

I want the comfortech recoil pad but not sure which length to get? I have the steady grip stock with a really uncomfortable stock recoil pad. I went through Turkey season this year with it, and those 3-1/2 inchers put me on my ***. I would like to enjoy shooting my shotgun from time to time lol.

Thanks in advance for the help, Trey.

I ended up using a set of Warne QD medium height rings on mine. The cantilever mount actually sits almost flush with the receiver and there is a small set screw in the back designed to take up any space on the fit. With the med. rings, I get the scope in the proper position for me and my size. Lows would have made it sit wrong for me and I would not get a good sight picture. As it sits now, it's just right and I'm 5'9" and about 180#. As far as a recoil pad, you can get the ones that are for the comfortech stock but I am unsure if they fit the steady grip. They are pretty spendy as well. Limbsaver makes one that's supposed to fit the Benelli stocks and I think this is the one.

https://www.limbsaver.com/store/product.php?productid=16244&cat=266&page=1

DSCN2242.jpg

DSCN2241.jpg

Thanks again KB, will look at those Warne QD rings. I have a limbsaver slip on that fits perfect on my supernova, but makes the LOP too far for me. Maybe I could take off the nova recoil pad and throw the slip on on they're? Don't really know how that would work

BTW, have you sighted that bad boy in yet, how does it group?

Any more suggestions would be appreciated

Whats the point of quick detach rings on a cantilever?

Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Not really. I've had them for a while and I didn't want to buy a new set of rings when these were not being used. In addition, this will be a short use barrel each season and I have another rifle that I can use this scope on so for me, it does make sense. YMMV

Not really. I've had them for a while and I didn't want to buy a new set of rings when these were not being used. In addition, this will be a short use barrel each season and I have another rifle that I can use this scope on so for me, it does make sense. YMMV

Ok, that makes sense If you had them laying around. But hypothetically of course, if you didn't have those laying around what rings would you choose? I'm not looking to remove this scope once it's on there.

• 5 months later...

How did you get in touch with Badger? I am calling them for last 2 weeks and nobody answers. I left one message and sent them an email and still nothing. Are they still in business? Maybe they took long Christmas? Please let me know if you have any info.

Thanks

• 11 months later...