Benelli Nova

bclay

I bought the base model Nova. I didnt think Benelli made a low end gun. I was wrong. This has been the worst gun ever. Had problems from day one out of the box. The gun always sticks shells. Sometimes it wont throw a spent shell and sometimes it sticks during the loading process. Spent $120 to send it in to benelli and they sent it back saying they test fired 1 shot and everything is good. Of course everything is good if you fire one shot. try shooting multiple rounds. Horrible service. I thought benelli stood by there product. I will never buy a benelli again. Really poor customer service. i didnt send my gun in for no reason and for them just to say everything is good. it aint good, its all bad. Sorry for crying, but i thought benelli put quality in every product. not this one.

Sorry about your luck. Contact customer service again. What else can you do? I have never had a problem with my Benelli so I can't comment on customer service. Make sure you are operating the gun correctly and cleaning/lubing properly. What do you mean by saying "sticks shells"? That is not a very good description of the problem. Did you only try one type/brand of shell? The problem is one of three things. The user, the ammo, or the gun. Make sure the problem is not the user or the ammo. If you still think the gun is the problem contact benelli with a detailed report on what you did to determine the gun to be faulty. Take pictures of the problem. Include a description of what you did leading up to the problem. Video record yourself operating the gun and catch the malfunction as it happens. These are only suggestions. However, you are going to have to do better than simply stating your gun sticks shells.

ive tried many different brands of shells and they all seem to do the same thing. i try to cycle 3 rounds through the gun slowly so i know that everything is being done on my part. but what happens is 2 things. 1st is that it will sometimes not throw the shell completly out when i go to eject it, it will get stuck in the part that throws it, not sure what that part is called. 2nd is sometimes it wont push the new round into the barrel, it will jam up and i could see the shell stuck and caught on the side which wont let it slide all the way into the barrel. Remember i am doing everything slow to make sure i am not doing anything wrong. thanks for the advice on filming it and sending it to benelli so they could see. ill have to try that soon.

RickP gives good advise. I don't think it is possible to work the action too hard or too fast. If you are new to firearms, or slide actions, you could seek the help of a firearms instructor. If that is not for you, try an instructional video. Still too pricey? Search the Internet. There are many good videos showing loading and shooting techniques.

did you clean it up before you shot it? just a typical question that it does not have gunk in it still? i have the benelli supernova and friggin love this gun eats anything pump it like a man and you will have no problems and i clean it now every other range trip usually just a bore snake down the barrel when i get home... shoots like a dream

I have an M4 and it was doing the same thing. After putting a few hundred rounds through, it "loosen up" has run flawless since. I can now use lighter loads and it cycles perfect everytime. Benelli's are made to very close tolerances and therefore need to be cycled through to get it to work as required.

ive been shooting guns for well over 17 years i think i would know by now how to shoot a firearm. there is something definitely wrong with this piece of junk. it must have been built on a friday after noon. its gone through 3 waterfowl season and has cycled plenty of rounds. ive always crossed my fingers hopeing that it will be broke in the next time i shoot. not working. need to switch guns for sure.

The Benelli Nova was my first shotgun. After 2 years and a few thousand rounds it's performed flawlessly. The only FTF I ever had was from a reload which went "poof" and emitted a puff of smoke. So...it was the the shell and not the Nova.

I love the way it handles. I just shot a 23/25 at regulation trap this past Sunday morning :rolleyes: and plan on taking goose hunting this winter. I've used it from 90+ degree weather to the dead of winter in Illinois and it's never failed. Sure, the action is a little stiff in the extreme cold, but it's never failed. Everyone that's shot it has loved it.

I've since bought an NEF Pardner (for a number of reasons, one being the Nova is too heavy for my wife) and I'm looking forward to picking up my Stoeger Condor next weekend, but I really enjoy shooting that mean looking, but sexy Nova, especially against those pieces of furniture other shooters hall out the the range.

I recommend you stick it out, clean your Nova well and give it a fair shake.