Ammunition!

firepower53

I haven't seen many/any posts about shotgun ammunition. It'd be nice to see what kind of ammo everyone uses and where they get it from. I'm looking for more of a home defense/fun to shoot round. Found some 0000 buck that looks like it'd be nice to have on hand ;) Particularly what websites you get it from because there are so many. My hope is that seeing how other people get their goods will make questions such as: "am I getting a good price? will I get the order within the next year? will I get high quality ammo?" go away.

I've been lurking around sites such as ammunitiontogo.com, paraklesetechnologies.com, etc., just haven't ordered anything yet.

Any posts will help!

Centurion Slugs from SGAMMO.COM ... they have 250 rnds for $80 ... thats 32 cents a rnd for slugs!!!!!!!!! my benelli eats them like no1's business. I have 1 or 2 jam for every 100 fired but thats probably from my stance. They are great for target practice. I wouldn't trust them for personal defense. I keep 2 3/4" Federal 00 Buck or 3" Winchester SuperX slugs in the gun when its in the house.

Centurion Slugs from SGAMMO.COM ... they have 250 rnds for $80 ... thats 32 cents a rnd for slugs!!!!!!!!! my benelli eats them like no1's business. I have 1 or 2 jam for every 100 fired but thats probably from my stance. They are great for target practice. I wouldn't trust them for personal defense. I keep 2 3/4" Federal 00 Buck or 3" Winchester SuperX slugs in the gun when its in the house.

1-2 jams per 100? What kind of jams? Are you firing it from the hip? If not, then you have an issue.

1-2 jams per 100? What kind of jams? Are you firing it from the hip? If not, then you have an issue.

These shells are "reduced recoil" (I'm assuming they use less gun powder) ... the Benelli needs the recoil to cycle the ammo. I've had it happen a few times where it fails to eject the shell all the way. I just have to give an inch or 2 tug on the bolt handle to finish the cycle.

The price is the reason I use it. 98-99% reliability is fine for a range session. I cant see dumping $1/round for target practice. With the Centurion you get 3 for the price of 1.

• 4 weeks later...