Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stoeger VS Benelli

I'm shopping for an auto. The Stoeger 2000 seems like a great deal for the money. I'm on a budget, and don't want to spend $1200 on a new shotgun. Have decided on an autoloader, but am just looking for advise from experienced shooters on the real difference between the less expensive Stoeger and the more expensive Benelli. It can't just be looks. Please help!

well the diffrence is the quality of parts and craftmanship but for the price of stoeger i would go for stoeger that'S what i did i'am very happy for the price it'S a good deal o.k the finsh is not super great but as long as it shoot'S it'S fine with me and not very heavy and what you save on the money you could buy other equipment

I had a mod 2000 last fall, In my opinion they are complete junk, customer service is horrible, and I would never buy another product from the benelli family.
    I turned back to the 11-87 Remington, atleast I know it works and the co stands behind their guns. I would seriously look into a remington or something other than a stoeger.
    Thanks

I have an 870 and am happy with the pump, but have heard conflicting reports on the 11-87. Probably a good gun, but many opinions out there. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about a Benelli product, though. Only issue that has ever come up is the cost. I am interested in more opinions, and hope that more people see this post.

I had a m2000 for while, having bought it from someone who needed the money in a pinch.
    I already owned a SBEII at the time, so I had no interest in keeping the 2000 permanently.
    I recent;y sold it to a hunting buddy, but I can tell you that while I did have it in my posession, I was impressed with the fit finish and feel of the $400 autoloader.
    If I were on a limited budget, and needed a quality semi-automatic shotgun, I'd go for the Stoeger over anything else from $400 - $700.

Thanks Tucker. That is a wonderful testimony coming from someone who has both the Benelli and the "generic" version.

I have heard alot of things about 11-87s as well, but the biggest thing I think people have problems with with all autoloaders is the fact that they don't clean them like they should, and in turn recieve alot of functioing problems. The mod 2000 I had jammed every other round using slugs, and thats after the breakin period and after I had cleaned it out completely, and the sights were put on the barrel crooked and the closet i could get my groups was a foot off from where I was aiming.
    Thanks
    Hiller

Matt,

I purchased an M2000 last year. Since then I have shot dove, quail, and ducks in all kinds of weather. I also have two Remington 1100's and an 870. I have put about 1,000 rounds through the M2000, from 3" steel to 2 3/4 heavy dove loads. It has performed flawlessly. I too am on a budget, and the Stoeger M2000 has been a fabulous gun for me. I did change out the front pin with a fiber optic sight, which is much bettter than that big white pin that comes with it. Bottom line, it seems to be a real workhorse, and always shoots. With the few parts it has it is very easy to clean, and it tends to stay very clean even after many rounds have been run through it.

[ 07-20-2005, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Mistman ]

go to the benelli forum and read sbe problems.
    Originally posted by Matt Urness:
    I have an 870 and am happy with the pump, but have heard conflicting reports on the 11-87. Probably a good gun, but many opinions out there. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about a Benelli product, though. Only issue that has ever come up is the cost. I am interested in more opinions, and hope that more people see this post.

Don't skimp. If its an SBEII that you want. Save your money and buy it. Don't talk yourself into buying the M2000 because its a generic SBE. Remember, its not really a Benelli. It is a copy. Good gun, but not a Benelli, and will never be. You will regret it later if you don't wait. If your in a hurry for a shotgun, and can't swing 1200.00, try and find a small interest loan.
    I was torn between the M2000, and the SBEII as well. The price was the main difference in the confusion for me. I took a step back, and saved my money, I continued to shoot my NOVA until i could afford the SBEII. It paid off, and I'm a proud SBEII owner now. With me, there was this weird feeling about the M2000. Call me crazy, but almost like this constant feeling of Fraud. Kinda like driving a stolen car. I'm just an authentic man myself. I like the original stuff.