NEW OPTIC OUT... best shotgun red dot option now is...

kenw111

Gunsmith, owner of 15 eotechs, 5 vortex RAZORs ,several P.R.O. Aimpoints etc etc.

Vortex just came out with the DEFENDER,  it comes standard with a PIC RAIL MOUNT, but also 10 extra (yes literally) baggies with diff screws for pistol mounts blah blah ..

its $250 !!!  Quality is EPIC, even better than the VORTEX RAZORs i have mounted on my M4's ...

Looooooooooove it, its the cats azz!  I mounted this one on my new Beretta 1301 tactical, but be just as great on my M4's

did i mention its $250 and its quality?????????

why wont this stinking board let me add photos??? Hmmm  error 200'

what the hell????? cant insert images

Edited by kenw111
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, M2_shootr said:

Doesn’t seem too impressive.

whst makes this better than an RMR or SRO?

finally it let me add pictures.....odd

kidding?????    its HALF the price and same quality of build.

did i mention it COMES with a PIC RAIL attachment for easy install..........

screenshot_7551.jpg

screenshot_7552.jpg

screenshot_7550.jpg

Edited by kenw111
  • Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, M2_shootr said:

A Kia is half the price of a Cadillac, does that make it better? 

What are the facts on the better? Solid data or “your opinion”?

Im a gunsmith, and own more optics and red-dots than almost everyone on this board combined (not literally but close to be sure).

Opinions? I dont care about anyone's opinions, only facts and logic (and wisdom).

Comparing a Kia and a Caddy? well BOTH ARE JUNK,  .....however a Kia is statistically more reliable than a junk american made Caddy.

bad analogy there honey.

In your poor analogy however a cheapo KIA IS 100000% better than a junk made unreliable Caddy.

Edited by kenw111
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, kenw111 said:

wrong, based on facts honey.   I dont confuse doxa (opinions) with episteme (facts).

Hi, so I asked you this question on another post. But just curious as to why is the Vortex Defender better than say the EO Tech other than price? Is the glass cleaner? Is the dot clearer or brighter? Better controls? Longer battery life? How has the Vortex worked for you so far? I love Vortex and own a bunch of Vortex glass from scopes to red dots, range finders, and binos, so it would be nice to stay with them, but not all their glass is the best. What say you sir?

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

Hi, so I asked you this question on another post. But just curious as to why is the Vortex Defender better than say the EO Tech other than price? Is the glass cleaner? Is the dot clearer or brighter? Better controls? Longer battery life? How has the Vortex worked for you so far? I love Vortex and own a bunch of Vortex glass from scopes to red dots, range finders, and binos, so it would be nice to stay with them, but not all their glass is the best. What say you sir?

I own 15 Eotechs (on ARs and HK762, and SCAR17)..., ....but id have to go FULL BLOWN FOOL to think of putting one on any shotgun!!!!

I see peeps putting one on a benelli etc, and my sphincter puckers, ........ why not put an elephant in the back seat of a VW bug,.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, kenw111 said:

I own 15 Eotechs (on ARs and HK762, and SCAR17)..., ....but id have to go FULL BLOWN FOOL to think of putting one on any shotgun!!!!

I see peeps putting one on a benelli etc, and my sphincter puckers, ........ why not put an elephant in the back seat of a VW bug,.

Umm, ok. So, I guess I will ask again as to why you think that way about EO Techs. Is it because of the size? The EXPS3's are not that terribly big in my opinion, but I would still like to know as to what other reason one would have to not put one on an M4. 

11 hours ago, kenw111 said:

wrong, based on facts honey.   I dont confuse doxa (opinions) with episteme (facts).

So you have no facts or basis so you resort to insults? How many times do I have to ask? What is your basis behind your statement? So you’re a gunsmith big friggin deal. I’ve worked airplanes for nearly 40 years.

Thus far, your claims carry no weight. You’ve produced no factual basis for your opinion.

Edited by M2_shootr
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, John Doe said:

Umm, ok. So, I guess I will ask again as to why you think that way about EO Techs. Is it because of the size?

If you dont know why putting an EOTECH on the top of any shotgun is a HORRIFIC idea, ....then you have issues nobody can fix.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

So you have no facts or basis so you resort to insults? How many times do I have to ask? What is your basis behind your statement? So you’re a gunsmith big friggin deal. I’ve worked airplanes for nearly 40 years.

Thus far, your claims carry no weight. You’ve produced no factual basis for your opinion.

1. equal build quality (better in fact since i own an RMR)

2. comes with pic rail already on red-dot

3. i dont have to remove the existing pic rail

4. i dont need to lower my eyes closer to bore axis to view

5. far far far far less $$$$$$

Since youve never had HANDS ON with  one, nothing you say has ANY WEIGHT,  .......NONE.  

You, like most "tacti-cool" entities always think "more $$$$ = more better"  , but such is the case of superficial minds.

Edited by kenw111
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, kenw111 said:

Since youve never had HANDS ON with  one, nothing you say has ANY WEIGHT,  .......NONE.  

You, like most "tacti-cool" entities always think "more $$$$ = more better"  , but such is the case of superficial minds.

Meh………you’re a waste of time 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, kenw111 said:

Im a gunsmith, and own more optics and red-dots than almost everyone on this board combined (not literally but close to be sure).

Opinions? I dont care about anyone's opinions, only facts and logic (and wisdom).

Comparing a Kia and a Caddy? well BOTH ARE JUNK,  .....however a Kia is statistically more reliable than a junk american made Caddy.

bad analogy there honey.

In your poor analogy however a cheapo KIA IS 100000% better than a junk made unreliable Caddy.

Maybe own more. Cheap ones then anyone on board .I’m a gunsmith too so what

Edited by rubicon20032003
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kenw111 said:

If you dont know why putting an EOTECH on the top of any shotgun is a HORRIFIC idea, ....then you have issues nobody can fix.

So, instead of answering a question to somebody who is new to shotguns, you revert to insulting me. Wow. You are a real stand-up guy huh? 

• Upvote 1

Yep, the guy is full of shit. Has no basis for his answers. Can’t explain any factual specifications that quantify his beliefs.

Yep, the guy is full of shit. Has no basis for his answers. Can’t explain any factual specifications that quantify his beliefs.

On a lighter note, I wonder how the ignore feature works?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 12508 said:

Tell the British SAS they are doing it wrong.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42651&d=1568

1000000000% theyre doing it WRONG,  PERIOD.   the SAME Brits that use that laughable abortion BULLPUP!!!????

Anyone so brainless as to NOT SEE how INSANE it is to stick a HUGE eotech on any shotgun needs their head examined. 😅

Ive seen 2 benelli m4 have their RAILS SHEERED OFF DUE TO RECOIL STRESS OF HAVING AN ELEPHANT (EOTECH) on them.

im going to assume you didnt think before posting that absurd picture of a fool with an eotech on his benelli.

Edited by kenw111

8 hours ago, John Doe said:

So, instead of answering a question to somebody who is new to shotguns, you revert to insulting me. Wow. You are a real stand-up guy huh? 

How about you use your brain.......... "WOW IM STICKING AN INSANE GIGANTIC OPTIC DESIGNED FOR AR's on my light weight shotgun, hmmmm, what about the mass of the SHEERING FORCE this thing will do to my shotgun rail and its THREADED SCREW HOLES????????? HMMMMM. "

ve seen 2 benelli m4 have their RAILS SHEERED OFF DUE TO RECOIL STRESS OF HAVING AN ELEPHANT (EOTECH) on them.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

Meh………you’re a waste of time 

you literally just said nothing, so you CONCEDE the debate i see.