Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: choke tube is stuck

my p-350 choke tube is stuck in my gun. me and my dad cant get it out. do you guys no a way. i dont know why its stuck in there we lubed it up really good.if you know how to get it out or even why its stuck in ther it would help alot
    thanx

see choke tube posts. I had this happen on my M2000. "I had the same issue and full was stuck. I used vice grips and "unscrewed" the choke tube. When I removed the full tube it had threads all the way down the shaft . I have now thrown away all the factory tubes and just puchased a beretta/benelli tube. Good luck" or take it to your local gun smith. When you get it out I would throw all the factory tubes and buy some that fit.

I should have added this; Lube it up for a day or so, I used PB blaster-Break loose lube. Try to get the tube partially out with the factory wrench. When you get enough of the tube out get your vise grip and un-screw the rest of the tube. If your tube expanded odds are it will be now threaded to the base when your remove it. Other posts indicate that the tubes are made from an inferior steel. Again, I would recommend to thow all those tubes away and buy some off-the-shelf tubes that fit.

thanx alot ill throw them away. what choke tube do you think i shouldbuy

Good question. I have a M2000 not a P350. I would call stoeger, but I believe I read in some other posts that a Benelli/Nova tube will fit.

the benelli nova and the beretta are direct fit, much better quality. we were oout today just checkin to make sure that our guns worked. my buddy and i have novas. flawless. my buddies bro has a m2000. three steel high vel shots with the modified in and it took about a half hour, alot of cursing and laughing (not our gun...), alarge pair of pliars and we got it out. onther tube went like it should so the barrel should be fine. i think that the cheap plating that comes on the p350 (i had a p350 briefly) and the m2000 comes off, plus the chokes expand and don't come back, combined its almost like you welded it in place. definate quality problem. but like almost everything in life. you get what you pay for.

You guys worried me a lot about the stuck choke tubes. I have a Stoeger M2000 and shot a box of #2 3" mags through it at ducks and geese over the weekend - no stuck choke tubes. Lots of dead ducks mostly Woodies, teal, and a few geese.

My IC tube came out with my fingers and no wrench was needed. I only put it in finger tight then light pressure with the wrench.

the 2000 that did it to us this past weekend has had about 400 or so rounds through it. this wasn't the first time that the magnum loads were through it either. there are new tubes on order be here friday. thats a good thing, were going for a 3 day trip on sunday...lol

TMAC, you just saved yourself some monies. If it works your OK. My experience has been different with stuck choke tubes. Overall I like my M2000 and is a great-good gun for the money. Many M2000 posts here expect the M2000 to perform like the Benellis. If they wanted a Benelli they should have bought one. Happy Hunting.

Originally posted by JV:
    If they wanted a Benelli they should have bought one.
    Could we get that bronzed and welded to the header of every page here?