Rx Arms Benelli M4 M-LOK® Heat Shield (for Polymer Benelli M4 Handguard)

RxArms

9 minutes ago, Franklinexpress said:

Can you maybe add a piece that closes that floating gap? As in 90 degrees piece down to touch the barrel so if the guard is pressed down it does move, I feel like that could strengthen and stabilize it. My only concern is that without it it will eventually wiggle in the front. 

There will always be movement with all the components up there (barrel, mag tube etc).  It is very stiff, I’ve been testing with a 2 cell weapon light, and have had no issues with the front touching the barrel.

it is 1/8” thick…

1 hour ago, Franklinexpress said:

Love the color of your gun, mine is blue but lighter, yours is the perfect blue. Lucky!

this particular receiver is an older gun from around 2013 or so I believe (still has the aluminum trigger assembly), I have a couple other M4s and to be honest I just shoot em and I haven't even looked at the colour of the receiver hue 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 6:00 PM, RxArms said:

Thanks!  I’ve been asked about the SBS.  I haven’t looked at the mlok spacing, and I don’t have a 14” barrel to test out as that is illegal in Canada (14” barrel semi auto).

chances are slim… 

however, it might be possible to hack off some front slots with a good aluminum cut off blade, and debur and then do a touch up annodizing kit on it.

m4 barrel is 18.5 inch, so I guess the SBS would need a heat shield that is 4.5” less. Just measured and you’d lose the front 3 slots.

maybe I’ll try to make a few during the production run and I’ll send one off to someone to test… :)

I'd certainly be interested in a SBS version

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it’s been 8 months since initially announcing this thing, had some design tweaks that were needed and I’m happy to say the new version performs excellent.  Hoping to get these into production cycle within the next couple weeks, but these won’t be up to sell for a few months most likely.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I’ve also designed an mlok offset match saver.  This is a prototype, will be tweaking it still (mostly getting it tighter to the handguard, higher up, and maybe closer to the receiver).

IMG_2045.jpeg

Edited by RxArms

Posted (edited)

It is around 7oz.  The heatshield is heavy duty 1/8” thick aluminum, to withstand any kind of abuse you can throw at it.  OEM handguard is 5oz if my memory serves me right, so total with OEM polymer handguard is 12oz.

From the research I’ve conducted, mesa handguard is 0.08” thick, briley is 0.10” thick, our heatshield is 0.125” thick

Edited by RxArms

24 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Weres the sbs version 

Haha.  Well the SBS is illegal in Canada so I don’t have a way to design it other than deducting the shorter barrel amount from the 18.5” version, and hoping it all works out.

I am not in a position to do that kind of blind designing.  But maybe in the future.

53 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Haha.  Well the SBS is illegal in Canada so I don’t have a way to design it other than deducting the shorter barrel amount from the 18.5” version, and hoping it all works out.

I am not in a position to do that kind of blind designing.  But maybe in the future.

Design one minus inches and beta test it to a sbs owner in the states

Edited by rubicon20032003

40 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Design one minus inches and beta test it to a sbs owner in the states

There are the financial considerations also.  A prototype of this piece is expensive, and the market of the SBS I am not sure how big it is compared the 18.5”.  Probably a fraction of the market.  But I’ll let you know when I’m ready and I’ll contact you.  Need to get the first version out before I even consider this.

1 hour ago, RxArms said:

There are the financial considerations also.  A prototype of this piece is expensive, and the market of the SBS I am not sure how big it is compared the 18.5”.  Probably a fraction of the market.  But I’ll let you know when I’m ready and I’ll contact you.  Need to get the first version out before I even consider this.

Thanks looking forward to it someday.Theres a market maybe not as great as a 18 inch one