Anyone DIY stipple a Nova or SuperNova?

REZARF2

I have stippled a ton of Glocks over the years to give them more grip. Has anyone here stippled their Nova or SuperNova? I can't see how the plastic would react any differently to heat. I am going to chop down my Nova's stock and use the scrap from the stock as a test sample but I wanted to see if anyone here has already taken the plunge? Any lessons learned?

I am working on a Nova pawn shop find I am converting to a SBS. Its project "cheap-scape" I bought the gun for $200 at a local pawn shop and I'll add a $200 stamp and pretty much be done. Here is a cheesy rendering.  

Nova Before and After.jpg

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pics. I like the way the pistol grip came out. I was debating what it would look like to do both the ridges and the grooves. Thanks for taking the time t post up the pics.

on another note, we’re you able to fit 4/5 Ed’s tac card on their? All I have is 5/6 rounders and the forarm would slam into the cards, I was hoping a 4 shell card would fit. 

On 3/25/2024 at 2:33 PM, REZARF2 said:

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pics. I like the way the pistol grip came out. I was debating what it would look like to do both the ridges and the grooves. Thanks for taking the time t post up the pics.

on another note, we’re you able to fit 4/5 Ed’s tac card on their? All I have is 5/6 rounders and the forarm would slam into the cards, I was hoping a 4 shell card would fit. 

4 without interference, tomorrow I'll post a pic with the action opened.

20240326_120853_resized.jpg

Edited by nyc71

Hehehe...  I was starting to post that I had, then I went to look for pictures. Found the last photos I took for a sale listing, and.... no stippling! WTF? I know I did it!

Then I remembered I'd done one of my M2s.  The SuperNova I'd cut grip tape for the relief areas. But removed them for the sale.