Shooting an R1 left handed

Eclipse

I've been camping out on the Benelli website and drooling over the R1 for a future elk hunt. The bad news is I'm left handed. Before I buy an R1 I need to know if the ejected shells will hit me in the face. Anyone out there shooting an R1 left handed and willing to share their experiences?

• 7 years later...

Just got a 30-06 CT and I plan to shoot left handed. Do I need to have a gunsmith change/flip the shims? I am very mechanically inclined and have sufficient tools but never attempted to remove a gun stock, never needed to. Is this a DYI item? Also, am I correct I should start by flipping the stock shim? This is my third Benelli (I have a SBE II in l/h and a Montefeltro 20ga) I have no idea how to even check drop and cast so I left the 12ga stock but figure I now need to figure this out since two guns need to be re-cast for my left handed shooting.

• 6 years later...