Removing front sight on SuperNova?

jcpopejr

Hello all,

I'm planning on putting the HiViz Triviz turkey combo sight on my SuperNova and was wondering if the front sight screwed out? I assume it does but I thought I would ask before damaging my gun.

I'm also looking into buying one of the Limbsaver recoil pads for my SuperNova. I have the one with the SteadyGrip and was wondering if anyone on here knew which model would work best with my SteadyGrip stocked SuperNova. I went to the Limbsaver website and found the template page but I was hoping to get an educated opinion.

Thanks for any help ahead of time,:)

Jay

Hello all,

I'm planning on putting the HiViz Triviz turkey combo sight on my SuperNova and was wondering if the front sight screwed out? I assume it does but I thought I would ask before damaging my gun.

I'm also looking into buying one of the Limbsaver recoil pads for my SuperNova. I have the one with the SteadyGrip and was wondering if anyone on here knew which model would work best with my SteadyGrip stocked SuperNova. I went to the Limbsaver website and found the template page but I was hoping to get an educated opinion.

Thanks for any help ahead of time,:)

Jay

Seems by surfing http://www.limbsaver.com that the choices would be many? 10402? 10400? or the grind to fit but best bet would be find the contact tech link and ask Chris!! you will be sure to get correct product if you can explain to them what ya got and what YOU wanta do to put one on it!! I was home schooled in rcansaw so thats why i let the experts from the manufacturers educate me, seems cheaper in the long run and good luck! search this topic i saw a similar topic recently, that might help? i end up like the fellow with the wrong turkey choke most of the time but i did get my primos .665 replaced for the .660 that was just a tad OFF, screwes in a tad better!! since i came up for air i am doing better and meds are doing their job these days , all is good!! for fitting a steadygrip i would think that this would not be a player but factory tech could hook you up with that type info!! the front sight in my opinion was not visible to me and useless to start with so i just took a small needle nose pliar and procedded to remove it and didnot do a great job but new sigt covered small marks along with a blue pin and all is well. it did destroy sight cause i could have cared less about the size and type to start with i just made sure i limited damadge to surronding are!!

• 4 years later...

I have a similar question regarding the removal of the SuperNova's front sight. Do you just twist by means of 'righty tighty, lefty loosey'? This seems like the most fragile part on this shotgun and don't dare to just start yanking/twisting the one 'nudge' that you can hold on to. Please let me know ... thanks in advance.