SuperNova Stock Locking Plate

CRM6622

Hello to all! Proud new SuperNova owner here. If I am right handed, should I only use Stock Locking Plate (DX)? From what I have read this plate gives curviture to the stock, receiver with butt towards shoulder instead of (SX) which gives stock curviture from reciever with butt towards chest.... It seems if i use the (DX) plate I have to readjust my cheek more so over the stock which is very uncomfortable and inaccurate. If i use (SX) plate the curviture allows for a more flush mount of cheek to the stock and aligns my eye better to the sights. SO IF I AM RIGHT HANDED CAN I USE PLATE (SX) = LEFT HAND? Any help or knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks

Hello to all! Proud new SuperNova owner here. If I am right handed, should I only use Stock Locking Plate (DX)? From what I have read this plate gives curviture to the stock, receiver with butt towards shoulder instead of (SX) which gives stock curviture from reciever with butt towards chest.... It seems if i use the (DX) plate I have to readjust my cheek more so over the stock which is very uncomfortable and inaccurate. If i use (SX) plate the curviture allows for a more flush mount of cheek to the stock and aligns my eye better to the sights. SO IF I AM RIGHT HANDED CAN I USE PLATE (SX) = LEFT HAND? Any help or knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks

To be honest, Im no pro at this stuff. But, based on what I have read, mainly from the owners manual, it really shouldnt matter which locking plate configuration you use as long as you make sure to use the proper shims. If the left hand position for the locking plate works for you, Id think it would be fine. Again, just make sure the shims/locking plate are of the correct letter format (ie. Z-ZSX-SX, A-ASX-SX, B-BSX-SX or C-CSX-SX, depending on your desired drop) and alignment/position. If you have an owners manual, thoroughly read the section regarding this topic before you start messing with configurations!

One advantage of the SteadyGrip (pistol grip) Benelli stock is that this stuff is moot. No shims or locking plates needed. Just bolt one up and enjoy!! But seriously, read the owners manual. If you dont have one, download it from the Benelli website. From what I understand, if the locking plate/shim configs are not correct, you could deform the recoil spring tube (this is according to the Benelli owners manual, anyway).

Edited by shotgunNoob

Thanks! I appreciate the knowlage and response! I have always owned guns with no stock configuration options... Very new to me. I have read the owners manual forwards and backwards and have the gun set up from reciever to butt as follows C(DropShim)-SX(Cast Shim)-STOCK-CSX(Stock Locking Plate) then washer, bolt and recoil pad. With all the letters facing the recoil pad. I hope this is correct. I just cant seem to grasp the cast settings.. I am right handed and the SX which is listed as left handed seems to fit me better! SX is from what I read Cast On for right handed shooters.

My gun looks just like the Cast Off image on billhanusbirdguns archive08 and it is set with C-SX-CSX which is Cast On?????? Confused.

Thanks for all who responded. I contacted Benelli and was told that my set up was perfectly fine. Was informed that what ever is comfortable and works best is how it should be set up. I did try it straight out of the box and was hitting 2 of five traps, consistently missing high. Yesterday I went out after confirming that I would cause no damage to the gun and leaving my set up mentioned as above and was dead on, hitting about 80% to 90% at 30 yards (Impressive for me). C Drop shim really gave me better sight of the figure 8 bead pattern, without seeing nearly as much barrel rib, which I think was my main problem shooting high. As far as Cast well I am still stumped, I dont know if what I have set up is correct but it works for me!! As far as I am concerned, thats what matters. I just didnt want to damage my new favorite pump gun! I am dove hunting Friday and will be putting her through the ultimate test. Thanks again for all the help! Happy Shooting!