Thread: Beartooth comb raising kit

Question Beartooth comb raising kit

Thinking about trying this combing raising kit on my m2000. Thinking if I can keep my head up a little less tilt it may help me improve my shooting. Also thinking of getting a limb saver slip on pad to reduce recoil. I could also use it on some of my other guns. Any one have any experience with these products?

No experience with the Beartooth, but I like the 20$ price, and was also thinking of using something similar on my 3.5" gas gun to "try" to tame the cheek slap and diddle with the issue of "covering the clays" on target shooting!
    Accu-Riser style may work too, but how high is too high? So may the simple trick of using mole-skin (that's what the pros do!). Beartooth price seems good for what you get, if you want to experiment.

Looks like they will raise comb height IF you think you need that, and it may tweak the cast for you; BUT why do you need it on a inertial Field Gun? Are you shooting trap, or mounting a scope?

I do have a Kick-Killer slip on pad and I use it a lot on several old SxS, Singles, Pumps and Japanese Arisaka battle rifles. It is similar to the Limbsaver slip-ons'. They all will lengthen your Length Of Pull (LOP) a bit, that may be desirable. They all are a tiny bit bulky, that can be OK or distracting (depends on you), and all may not fit super tight on the stocks of your guns cause its not custom fitted. I short, I need slip-on pad on my battle rifles and old break-open shotguns. Easy to put on and off. Don't leave it on all the time if you worry about the pad discoloring the stocks finish from too much humidity. Use a tad bit of tack cloth or carpet/shelf grip to get them to hold better to the gunstock. I like the Velcro type cause I'm too lazy to tie and untie those laces.

I bought slip-on pad to "experiment" with and I found it on sale cheap. If products like them aren't on a cheap sale price, I would not buy them for a M2000 just to see if they work. A screw on Limbsaver pad should be sufficient for that gun.

Have you though of a basic 'shoulder pad' to tame some recoil on a wide range of rifles and shotguns? I love mine and so does my shoulder, and I find I loan it to new shooters a whole lot...no one has ever complained about it when I let them try it..... gel pads in sweaters and vest can be a good experiment too.. depends on your body type... it helps my collarbone...
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...007&hasJS=true

Never used one myself. But I know others who have. Kind of a poor man's adjustable comb. They will slip around a little over time.

What are you using your M2000 for?

Raising the comb can help you be a little more "head's up", but you can also fix that by mounting the gun up to your face first, then back to your shoulder, instead of vice-versa.

Raising the comb will also make the gun shoot a higher point-of-impact. That is, it'll make more of the pattern strike above the point-of-aim.

On the slip-on recoil pads, again, they're a cheap way to get a recoil pad if you don't already have one, or if the one you have is pretty stiff. Just make sure by adding it, you're not making the gun too long for you.

For "length-of-pull" the prevailing wisdom is when you have the gun mounted comfortably, the back of your thumb should be about on inch to an inch and a half from your nose. More than that, yoru stock is too long. Less, and its too short.

I use the gun to dove and waterfowl hunt. I notice patterning the gun it shoots about a foot low at 40 yards. Just thought it may help a little. I also notice I tilt my head a little to much mounting an sighting down the barrel. Also the slip on pad I thought I could use it on several guns but this is the only one that the recoil beats me up a little an I can get it locally.I'll have to order the fitted pad.