View Poll Results: Experience with this firearm?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

21 67.74%
  • Fair

4 12.90%
  • Poor

6 19.35%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger STF 3000

Default Stoeger STF 3000

I just bought the 20ga model at Dick's for $400 plus $50 rebate ($350). Planning to break it in this weekend. Any words of advice?

Also, looking for possible safety modification information.

Thumbs up Range Report

Update: I made it to the range yesterday for some hand-held and/or spring-loaded trap with a buddy of mine.

We shot 175 shells without any FTF. Combined average was about 80% - and this was only my friends second outting with a shotgun of any kind. He loved the fit and feel as compared to my longer, heavier, much older 12ga Win 1200 pump-action.

The action was smooth on the 3000 and we got used to the safety resetting after about one box of shells. The safety could still use a bit more break-in time to loosen up. Trigger was a lighter pull than I expected but fine. Ejectors functioned flawlessly with 100 rounds of WalMart Winchester and 75 rounds Federal. If you didn't catch the empties, they were thrown back about 5-10 feet.

Will let you know about my next outting at Skeet on Tuesday night.

Default Skeet Range Report

Back out on the skeet range today with the STF 3000. Put up two rounds - 21/25 and 19/25. Watched the geese flying north over the Chesapeake and enjoying the warming Maryland weather. No FTF. Good handling and pointing though still getting used to a much shorter gun. Loving the 20 gauge.

sorry im new to this, what is FTF? i just bought a stf 3000 this past weekend looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks,

ED

FTF = Failure to Fire.

Default Stoeger STF 3000

Tried the STF at shooting clays the other day. Had 10 FTFs out of a box of 25. Cleaned the gun first but evidently not good enough. Seems like the primers are not getting struck hard enough on Remington shells, they are getting hit but not hard enough. When I got home, I took the complete trigger mechanism out and cleaned very thoroughly, hope this helps. Will shoot it again as soon as I can. If this doesn't work, Dick's gets the gun back, a shame because I haven't even got the rebate back yet.

Took my new 3000 out for 4 rounds of trap last tuesday....i was using 7.5 shot Top Gun Federal shells. out of the 100 i put through the weapon, 4 failed to fire. some of the other guys at the range examined the shells and they are positive that the primers on the shells were falty. they were pushed in, i dont know im new to this but you could tell the primers were set in compared to winchester shells. gonna try different brand of shells next time see what the results are....keep us informed sonicman

Took my new 3000 out for 4 rounds of trap last tuesday....i was using 7.5 shot Top Gun Federal shells. out of the 100 i put through the weapon, 4 failed to fire. some of the other guys at the range examined the shells and they are positive that the primers on the shells were falty. they were pushed in, i dont know im new to this but you could tell the primers were set in compared to winchester shells. gonna try different brand of shells next time see what the results are....keep us informed sonicman

Default FTF

I was out for another few rounds of skeet this week. Had several failure (maybe 6 out of 200) to fire using Remington Gun Club. There we marks on the primers, just no bang. My friend experienced the same with his STF 3000. We were able to get them all to fire the second time after opening and closing the action. Over the weekend, we used his gun for some sporting clays - went through about 200 rounds with only one or two FTF.

Still enjoying the gun. So far very much worth the money.

The STF 3000 does not like Remington ammunition due to the fact that Remington primers are heavier and take a consideral amount of force to fire. Federal works the best in mine.
    Thank you,
    David