What Happened to TOM KNAPP??

Nala

Hey all,

I noticed that Tom Knapp is no longer shooting for Benelli. Now he is with CZ. Don't get me wrong, CZ makes a fine weapon, but it ain't a Benelli.

So can anyone shed any light on what happened to that relationship? It can't be lack of popularity because I seen on his website that his entire 2011 schedule is FULL.

Anyone know the scoop?

What a shame that TOM KNAPP is no longer with Benelli. One of the greatest showmen and talents ever.

Nalajr

He had health issues (lung ailment of some kind) a year or two ago, and evidently couldn't fulfill his contract terms, or whatever. It was bad enough that even he didn't think that he would work again. Somewhere, somehow, that's were the romance ended. This is of course, all hearsay. It did not come from the horses mouth, so to speak. So, take it for what it is worth..Mike

Trick shooter Tom Knapp and Benelli part ways, Knapp to persue independent ventures.

World class exhibition shooter Tom Knapp has left Benelli USA, and is now pursuing independent endeavors including shooting performances, video projects and broadcast programs. Knapp was forced to cancel his 2010 schedule for Benelli USA following a temporary medical condition in late 2009. Benelli subsequently ended its relationship with Knapp.

“I had an excellent relationship with Benelli for nearly two decades,” said Knapp. “I built a strong, positive image with my fans, sponsors and colleagues. Now I’m quickly regaining my health and looking forward to the next phase of my career.”

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/news/trick-shooter-tom-knapp-leaves-benelli-to-persue-independent-ventures/?right=related

So lets see if I get this straight. Tom Knapp has been with Benelli for over 20 years and he gets sick enough that he can't do his show and because of this Benelli boots him? If that is the case that is pretty darn crappy out of Benelli. I'd like to hear more about what Benelli done and why they done it. There ain't no way it is a coincidence that he gets seriously ill and his contract ran out at the same time.

Something SMELLS here....BIG TIME! If Benelli did this to someone that was loyal to them for over 20 years, I'm selling my Benelli and won't buy another.

Nalajr

So lets see if I get this straight. Tom Knapp has been with Benelli for over 20 years and he gets sick enough that he can't do his show and because of this Benelli boots him? If that is the case that is pretty darn crappy out of Benelli.

And you find this to be surprising??? :confused: