Thread: Benelli Sport

Default Benelli Sport

Does anyone have a review on the sport shotgun? I wonder what the total weight is with a 28 inch barrel? Does the fiber vent rib hold up and do they all seem loose? How does the gun function? When did they make the Sport?

Thanks Ronl

Thank you very much - the used gun I am looking at is the Benelli Sport, the link had good info but it was about the Sport II. The Sport I am looking at is a little different so I would guess the Sport must have been the first model and the Sport II is a later vintage. The Sport is in real good shape but before I buy it I would like to hear some reviews on it, it appears to be very light which is good but the vent rib rattles and is made of some type of fiber - kinds like the current ultra light. Does anyone have information about the Sport?

The Benelli Sport came with two different sizes of full-length vented ribs made from carbon fiber. I shoot skeet with a guy that has owned and shot one for years and he loves it. He just upgraded to a Super Sport II. His son now shoots the Sport. They both love them. It's a Benelli so it is without question a high quality shotgun designed for a lifetime of use. They weigh just under 7 lbs.

Here's a couple of listings from Gunbroker.com
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=249724994
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=250433525

Thanks - that is what I needed to know, I was hoping it was like an ultra light that would cost less. The book value is 765 but it may be hard to find one for that price -
    thanks again hattles

rf
    Last edited by h00ligan; 09-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.