What is you favorite CHOKE for duck hunting?

duckman69

Depends on what kind of shots you are planning on taking and what kind of shells you are using. I use modified most of the time, but use improved when I know the ducks are going to be in my face. I also use improved when I'm shooting high density tungsten loads because they pattern super tight anyways. Pattern your chokes with different loads, and swap chokes out depending on where/what you are hunting.

i use carlson's full or my factory modified depending on what kind of shots i will be planning on taking. i bring both with and when ducks are fully locked and loaded i just keep modified in, and when they seem weary to fully commit i use the full

I didn't think the full was recommended with steel shot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I use a full kicks high flyer does a great job out to about 50 yards I have Benelli and Stoeger but dont use just any full it has to be made for steel shot kicks high flyers are use number 2 or 3 shot

would you use this set up for geese with a m3500 with a 26' barrel and a kick,s high flyer full choke and winchester xpert hi-velocity #2,s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't want to be a blatant promoter here, but might I suggest taking a look at the BlackBore HunterPro HV chokes! They are fine for steel usage and will prevent the wad from interfering with the shot column to eliminate flyers. As has been said, the choke used depends on the load and distance (close in, circling the decoys or flying over for a look)! Pattern the choke you use and your favored loads to see what works best.

GTPSC (mark)

http://www.blackborechokes.com

• 11 months later...