Hmmmm. . . not sure what to think about that, must have been a slow day over at Guns and Ammo. I'd like to see them run the same test on a cold, wet day (simulating duck hunting conditions). I'd also be interested in seeing it performed with different sized shot and loads. Just for kicks and giggles though, not like I'm gonna go home and soak my gun in cosmoline.

I'd like to see them run the same test on a cold, wet day (simulating duck hunting conditions).

Exactly. When the cold temps set in; that cosmoline would get downright nasty. I'd like to see it after shooting a couple boxes of dirty ammo to see how it performed with the cosmoline and other lubes holding powder and debris. Just for grins...

I can tell you that I didn't clean my SBE II this duck season other than to wipe off the exterior and it didn't miss a beat. But then again, I didn't pile on the lube...