Benelli M1 & M2 Barrel question & WTB

WildAboutFowl

• 2 months later...
I've heard it the complete opposite truckcop, the M1 receiver won't take the M2 barrel without cutting and modification... :(
If you check the previous thread highlighted in the post just above, you will find that I have been using a M2 barrel on one of my M1 receivers for about two years now. Originally, I slightly modified the M1 forend (see the pictures) to fit the M2 barrel. Since then, I put a M2 forend on it so now I have a hybrid M1/M2. Thousands of skeet rounds have gone downrange (some of them even hit the birds) with absolutely no problems. Even with the slight differences in the barrels (as noted in the pictures) the combination works just fine. No modification to the barrel itself is necessary.

If you check the previous thread highlighted in the post just above, you will find that I have been using a M2 barrel on one of my M1 receivers for about two years now. Originally, I slightly modified the M1 forend (see the pictures) to fit the M2 barrel. Since then, I put a M2 forend on it so now I have a hybrid M1/M2. Thousands of skeet rounds have gone downrange (some of them even hit the birds) with absolutely no problems. Even with the slight differences in the barrels (as noted in the pictures) the combination works just fine. No modification to the barrel itself is necessary.

what he said is true. I have an m1 m2 and m4 and I have switched my barrels between both guns and I have a 28" m2 barrel that I had on my m1 for turkey hunting